I have heard and read so many things about Best Buy's inventory and dates, especially in regards to Sprint vs. Verizon. I hate to start a new thread, but the other Best Buy threads that I found had kind of disintegrated.

I'm hoping to get a kind of "final theory" on whether I can plan to get a Sprint Tour at Blackberry at any point. I can wait an extra week or two if I need to.

So does anyone know?
    07-09-09 08:01 AM
    It will not be available on the 12th, maybe the 20th. Hopefully we'll hear a definitive date by the 12th.
    07-09-09 08:07 AM
    It will be in some stores... will know more tomorrow, as they will probably get them in today or tomorrow via UPS.
    07-09-09 08:25 AM
    My local best buy didn't have any info about the sprint tour. They are however supposed to get 12 verizon tours in :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-09 08:43 AM
    It really is hard to say for sure. It looks like the most likely scenario, will be that we can order the phone directly from Sprint telesales on the 12th. Other than that, people are really in the dark. I mean, Sprint has had it on their home page that we can order it on the 12th, but I just did a chat session with Sprint where I asked them when I would be able to order it, and they didn't know (even though their web site clearly says we can order it on the 12th). It doesn't really surprise me, as these folks don't typically know much. I was just curious if they got some sort of memo with new information. You never know.

So, it appears your most likely way of getting a Tour the fastest is to order from Sprint telesales on the 12th.
    07-09-09 10:25 AM
    It really is hard to say for sure. It looks like the most likely scenario, will be that we can order the phone directly from Sprint telesales on the 12th. Other than that, people are really in the dark. I mean, Sprint has had it on their home page that we can order it on the 12th, but I just did a chat session with Sprint where I asked them when I would be able to order it, and they didn't know (even though their web site clearly says we can order it on the 12th). It doesn't really surprise me, as these folks don't typically know much. I was just curious if they got some sort of memo with new information. You never know.

So, it appears your most likely way of getting a Tour the fastest is to order from Sprint telesales on the 12th.
    I'm not seeing it on there fornt page anymore? I kept refreshing it over and over and that banner was not on the front anymore. Could they be delayed? I saw a report somewhere else that it has been pushd back to the 20th, seems that this could be since I have yet to receive an email from sprint alerting me of the release of the tour.
    07-09-09 10:52 AM
    I'm not seeing it on there fornt page anymore? I kept refreshing it over and over and that banner was not on the front anymore. Could they be delayed? I saw a report somewhere else that it has been pushd back to the 20th, seems that this could be since I have yet to receive an email from sprint alerting me of the release of the tour.
    Could be that they pulled it off their web site, but it could also be that you have to hit refresh like 2 dozen times to get it to pull up.

Also, those email notifications from Sprint are sort of a joke. If you received it at all, it would likely be on or after the 12th.
    07-09-09 11:18 AM
    I doubt you'll see any sprint tours in best buy until the day it's released in the sprint stores since technically you can only order then online/telesales on the 12th but yeah i havne't seen anymore banners on sprint site either..
    07-09-09 11:59 AM
    i just spoke to my local best buy and they told me august 2nd... f*** that im getting it online and wait for the rebate.
    07-09-09 12:33 PM
    I have until the 20th to return my Snap within the 30 day window. I purchased it at Best Buy, and that leads me to a few questions. If I return it and they don't have the Tour yet within those 30 days, will the upgrade eligibility be returned to my account so I can purchase the Tour through telesales?

That make sense?
    07-09-09 02:09 PM
    I would return it asap and talk to CS about it before sunday just to make sure you are all set before ordering sunday.

My $.02
    07-09-09 03:14 PM
    good luck getting the Tour. Its always so great to unbox!!!
    07-09-09 04:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD