1.) Does your Tours battery cover actually "snap!" into place? Is it loose?

2.) Just under your memory card there's an opening for the battery cover to snap into place, which reveals a small "plate" (between the two silver hinges), is it gold(ish)?

3.) Is your battery a sandy texture? In a good way, it gives the battery a more solid feel.

4.) Did you purchase or exchange your Tour (for a new one) within the last week?

I ask these questions because I went into a Verizon Wireless store and just exchanged my Tour because of trackball issues as well as very poor call quality, and my new Tour is absolutely perfect, so far. My guess is, maybe the new Tours possess these traits (above)? Just interested in some responses. Let me know, guys.

P.S Mine is a Mexico 5.
    08-22-09 11:58 PM
    1. Yes. No.
    2. Haven't noticed. Will check later.
    3. No.
    4. No.

Mexico 5. July 25th.
    08-23-09 12:01 AM

2.) Just under your memory card there's an opening for the battery cover to snap into place, which reveals a small "plate" (between the two silver hinges), is it gold(ish)?
    Its a Touch loose but nothing drastic.
    3.) Is your battery a sandy texture? In a good way, it gives the battery a more solid feel.
    Never thought to check
    4.) Did you purchase or exchange your Tour (for a new one) within the last week?
    no
    I ask these questions because I went into a Verizon Wireless store and just exchanged my Tour because of trackball issues as well as very poor call quality, and my new Tour is absolutely perfect, so far. My guess is, maybe the new Tours possess these traits (above)? Just interested in some responses. Let me know, guys.

P.S Mine is a Mexico 5.
    Congrats on getting your issues sorted out.
    08-23-09 12:04 AM
    The battery cover on the some of the Tours is horrible. The first device I had suffered from very noticeable "wiggle". I was able to stop that with a small piece of electrical tape. Comparing the cover to the cover on my 8330, is laughable. There were 8 'hooks' that held the battery cover securely on the back of the device on my 8330. There are two on the Tour.

I did exchange my device a couple of weeks ago. Mainly, it was the trackball problem. It was painful trying to scroll within a message. The Verizon sales rep. actually cringed when we tried scrolling my trackball to the right and saw it move to the left! HAH! I also had a horribly faulty headphone jack. Thankfully, my replacement device is much, much better. Not perfect, but definitely such minor things that I can live with them. A bad trackball and headphone jack, I could not live with. I'm glad you are happy now...The Tour is a fantastic device when those little problems are not present!!

ALB
    08-23-09 12:07 AM
    I'm glad you are happy now...The Tour is a fantastic device when those little problems are not present!!
    Thanks, bruh. Appreciate it. Yeah, man I agree...Tour was a great device from the beginning, but now that those little irritations are gone...it's super better. My first berry, and boy is it tasty.
    08-23-09 12:11 AM
    My Tour is Mexico 5 and I have had no problems listed here. I seriously mean no battery cover problem, no screen ripple, no trackball problems, no software trouble, nothing. Been perfect the entire time.
    08-23-09 12:21 AM
    Yes and no
    Yes
    dont feel like pulling battery now but i havent noticed
    I bought mine last sunday (the 16th)

I was just wondering if I got a good Tour... but like the 2nd day I had the trackball issue it wouldn got right... I changed the horizontal to 90 and it has been fine... I just set vert and horz a few mins ago to 70/70 see how long that lasts. my trackball isnt as stiff as my cousins 8900 its very fast I dont know if thats a good thing or bad thing... because I like how solid the 8900 felt (not as fragile). The battery cover is perfect... I havent had anyone complain about my call quality so far.

My usb recently has become a tight fit for my charger I hope I didnt bend anything I dont want to return this phone and get a crappy one.
    08-23-09 12:42 AM

P.S Mine is a Mexico 5.
    Snaps into place not loose

Yes goldish

Battery is abrasive

No, purchased as pre-order.

Mexico 5 as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-09 12:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD