I have one of those little envelopes, with a 1 beside it, on my homepage telling me I have a message. but I don't. no messages, emails, missed calls...nothing. how can I get rid of it?
    09-18-09 10:39 AM
    Try a battery reset. WHat does the icon look like and do you app world installed?
    09-18-09 10:40 AM
    perhaps you hide the messages icon an you have a PIN message check that out
    09-18-09 10:41 AM
    Go into EVERY folder and hit the U (for unread) button. Check all folders including hidden ones, saved messages, missed calls logged in message folder.

If you have your general Messages folder hidden (Menu-Show All), check there. As stated above, PIN messages only go to that folder.

Make sure you have no alerts such as weatherbug/berryweather, facebook, calendar, bbm, aim, yahoo etc.

Try a battery pull.
    09-18-09 10:42 AM
    I used to think it was a bug, but it's not. As mentioned above, hit "U" to look for unread messages in each folder. Also, if you have something outgoing pending, such as a draft, it triggers the icon as well. (For example, you were going to send someone a message, but then left that screen without discarding the blank message.)
    09-18-09 11:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD