I bought the tour extended battery and it came in last night. I've been testing it. It seems that the battery life is slightly longer than the original but it's about the same. Anyone else purchase one of these? I didn't want the one that made me get a new battery cover because then my case wouldn't fit on it.

Oh, well it makes a good spare. Figured I'd put that out there for anyone thinking about it. If you want two batteries it's worth it. I got an external battery charger that also works with my car charger so that is cool. I have one battery charging while the other is in my phone.

My battery last a long time anyway. I've read some people on here saying their battery doesn't last long but I'm not sure what they are used to. I charge mine every 2 days and I use it pretty heavily. Sometimes I have to every day.

If you turn your backlight down to 10 it will last a LOT longer. Like days longer. And you can still see the screen fine. I do this when I'm in a situation where I might not charge it for a while.
    11-14-09 03:47 PM
    2600 mAh or 1600 mAh?
    11-14-09 03:59 PM
    I think OP is talking about 1600mAh battery. In which case your only getting 15% more life.
    11-14-09 06:46 PM
    Also after a few charging cycles, you should notice a slight improvement.
    11-14-09 08:00 PM
    I got the 1600 because I didn't want to replace the back. It might get a little bit more life I don't know. It's not very noticeable though.

But it went dead today and it was great that I wasn't tied down to sitting by the charger. I was able to just take the other battery out of my external battery charger and put it in my phone and then put the extended battery in the external charger. I LOVE that.

The tour has the charging port in a bad place so it makes it really hard to even send a text message while it's hooked up to the charger. I wish they would have put it in the same place it's on, on the curve. Because it doesn't affect it on the curve.

The only time I will be charging my phone now will be at night time when I'm asleep. If it's during the day I'll just be switching batteries.

The extended battery lasted me 20 hours. 11pm last night to 7 pm tonight. Keep in mind I used it heavily. When I'm doing normal use it usually last me longer than that. But I watched a lot of youtube, I talked on the phone a tad, I sent a LOT of text, I browsed the net for a long time and uses GPS.

Huge step up from what I"m used to with palm's. I used to be a palm user. Centro and Treo. I got about 8 hours out of each charge sometimes not even that. My blackberry curve lasted a long time but not as long as the tour. The signal seems better on the tour also.
    11-14-09 08:33 PM
    You should think about getting the oem charging pod. So easy to sit it in the charger and pick it up when you use it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-09 08:37 PM
    You should think about getting the oem charging pod. So easy to sit it in the charger and pick it up when you use it.

no need to now. I like having the spare battery and I got it charging in an external charger. It also is small and fits in my pocket easy with the battery in it so I can carry my spare battery in my backpack or pocket or glovebox easily.
    11-14-09 09:00 PM
    I got the 1600 because I didn't want to replace the back. It might get a little bit more life I don't know. It's not very noticeable though.

But it went dead today and it was great that I wasn't tied down to sitting by the charger. I was able to just take the other battery out of my external battery charger and put it in my phone and then put the extended battery in the external charger. I LOVE that.

The tour has the charging port in a bad place so it makes it really hard to even send a text message while it's hooked up to the charger. I wish they would have put it in the same place it's on, on the curve. Because it doesn't affect it on the curve.

The only time I will be charging my phone now will be at night time when I'm asleep. If it's during the day I'll just be switching batteries.

The extended battery lasted me 20 hours. 11pm last night to 7 pm tonight. Keep in mind I used it heavily. When I'm doing normal use it usually last me longer than that. But I watched a lot of youtube, I talked on the phone a tad, I sent a LOT of text, I browsed the net for a long time and uses GPS.

Huge step up from what I"m used to with palm's. I used to be a palm user. Centro and Treo. I got about 8 hours out of each charge sometimes not even that. My blackberry curve lasted a long time but not as long as the tour. The signal seems better on the tour also.

the one and only thing i truly fsking hate about the tour is where the USB port is located on the phone! if i was a left handed texter, it probably wouldnt bother me as much, but it truly is located in the most asinine place possible.
    11-15-09 04:59 AM
    the one and only thing i truly fsking hate about the tour is where the USB port is located on the phone! if i was a left handed texter, it probably wouldnt bother me as much, but it truly is located in the most asinine place possible.
    Yeah, I know. If I was charging and needed to send a text I'd have to unplug it, send the text and then plug it back up. Another great reason to just get another battery and have it charged.
    11-15-09 04:16 PM
    I have the 2600 mAh battery and love it. My silicone case still fits just fine too!

I just ordered the same battery .. which silicone case it fits .. is it the standard blackberry one or a special one..
    12-14-09 09:12 PM
    i bought the 2600 about 1 1/2 ago
    it says with the paperwork that you should expect the battery life to get progressively better as you use it, specifically after 5 charges. Run the batter until it is dead...5 times. Charge it all 5 times for 8+ hours. If on the tour, i'd consider 5.0.0.230 OS (much easier on the battery). It'll last you for days.

While it is great to have a spare (which i'm making the stock battery into) it's also great to just never have to worry about charging OR switching batteries.

hope that helps
    12-14-09 10:50 PM
    Yeah, I know. If I was charging and needed to send a text I'd have to unplug it, send the text and then plug it back up. Another great reason to just get another battery and have it charged.

The location actually doesn't bother me too much, though it'd be better if it was up higher, as opposed to the bottom of the phone.

In fact, I like it better on the right side of the BB...When driving, I hated that to charge my Curve and have it facing me (without super stretching the cable), the phone would be upside down because the usb port was on the left. Now that it's on the right, it can just sit there in front of me and I can see everything with the charging cable relaxed.

I hope that made sense...I feel like I just babbled.
    12-15-09 08:50 AM
    When they can fit a 2600 mah battery into the stock Tour casing...I will buy it.
    Until then I'll keep using my own personally built 2AA recharger.

Dm
    12-15-09 09:27 AM
    I also have the 2600 battery and I LOVE IT! Its the best thing I ever did to my Tour! I never have to worry about charing the phone as it will do anything for however long I want it to without worrying about the battery.

The longest I made it without a charge was 5 days, but on average I have to charge it every 3 days
    12-15-09 09:41 AM

Does the pod fit the Storm 2 as well? Since the Tour and Storm 2 are about the same size..
    12-15-09 11:13 AM

20 hours sounds awesome! Are you really using the 1600? I ordered mine, hope to get it soon.
    12-15-09 11:14 AM
    Funny thing is I actually waited to buy the tour until seidio released its 2600mah battery and the extended casing. The casing has some flaws and I don't use it as much, but the extended door works and feels fine. I used the 2600 battery in my curve 8330 and was well pleased with it. And so far pleased with the one for the tour.
    12-15-09 12:15 PM

wouldn't trade it for anything
    12-15-09 12:27 PM
    There is even more higher capacity extended battery which is 3300mAh by Mugen Power. It is perfect for the heavy user like me! And Mugen Power have good reputation on Internet and excellent design of the door.

BLACKBERRY TOUR 9630 MUGEN POWER BATTERIES
    Last edited by Adams888; 12-16-09 at 03:43 AM.
    12-16-09 03:41 AM

wouldn't trade it for anything
    same here buddy. I actually like the added weight and slight increase to the size. very comfortable in the hand while typing.
    12-16-09 03:45 AM
    I agree, I have a plastic case on my phone and with the extended battery it will definitely not fit back on. HOpefully they will make a slimmer extended battery..I would be all up on that!!
    12-16-09 09:54 AM
    I considered buying extra batteries/charger or the extended battery/bulge battery door but decided to get the CaseMate Fuel holster for $60 instead. I guess the only advantage of this vs. the extra battery/charger is that I don't need to wait 10 minutes for my phone to reboot while I change the battery. The only advantage of this vs. the extended battery/bulge battery is that I don't have to have the bulge on the battery door.
    12-16-09 12:06 PM
    I am so envious of you guys that seem to be getting such great battery life. I never have, with OS 4.7. I am currently in the UK, and the most I can hope for is about 7 hours of average use. I know all the tricks. I've turned my screen brightness down to 10, reduced the interval it stays on, and changed my mobile network from global to 3G (because I am currently overseas, and 1XEV is not an option). The best battery life I ever got was with Irtehun's hybrid of OS 5. But I had to downgrade to 4.7 because of trouble with my Bluetooth, texting, and several much-used apps including Viigo and Shazam. I bought the CaseMate Fuel as I was leaving for my trip, but ironically, they must have sent me a defective one, since I can barely get a full charge from it. I am definitely considering a spare battery once I return to the US, but I haven't yet figured on which to get. I have no idea how other Tour users are getting such great battery life. 12 hours of moderate use would be a dream at this point.

12-16-09 03:16 PM
    Note to self.... buy extended battery!
    12-16-09 11:15 PM
    I also have the 2600 battery and I LOVE IT! Its the best thing I ever did to my Tour! I never have to worry about charing the phone as it will do anything for however long I want it to without worrying about the battery.

The longest I made it without a charge was 5 days, but on average I have to charge it every 3 days
    thats with the seido battery right? im thinking on getting one for my 8330
    12-17-09 12:45 AM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD