Weekendbum - I called telesales this morning, placed the order and was given a confirmation sale. I am an existing customer with a NE2 sitting around since last December. I ordered the Tour and another dumbphone. The dumbphone will ship today and had a confirmation number of 6 digits behind the Tour, which will ship on the 13th.

Was I duped?
    06-30-09 03:56 PM
    Weekendbum - I called telesales this morning, placed the order and was given a confirmation sale. I am an existing customer with a NE2 sitting around since last December. I ordered the Tour and another dumbphone. The dumbphone will ship today and had a confirmation number of 6 digits behind the Tour, which will ship on the 13th.

Was I duped?
    What confirmation sale did they give you? Did you get an order #/location #? I'm not sure what he would have given you.. trying to enter the sku into our orders pulls up an error.
    06-30-09 03:58 PM
    The number for the Tour was 734XXX. The number for the dumbphone was 734XX(X+6). As if 5 additional orders went in between processing the Tour and the other phone.
    06-30-09 04:00 PM
    There were actual X's in it? Or are you blanking it out because we're in a public forum.
    06-30-09 04:03 PM
    The later.
    06-30-09 04:04 PM
    Does the second one end in -01 or -02?
    06-30-09 04:05 PM
    I too tried to order online this morning, then called *611 to get the low-down. The rep indicated that I should be able to pre-order online as an existing customer and said that she could not place pre-orders over the phone. She was unaware of the problem with online ordering for existing customers.

Just to see if the right hand was talking to the left, I stopped in at my local Verizon store. The story I heard from here was that on-line pre-orders were only for new customers and that verizon typically short-stocks new phones during the first few days in the stores...

Clearly, Verizon employees aren't completely in-the-know - let's hope that our firend is right and they "fix" the online pre-order page to include existing customers (what a dumb move by Verizon to screw this up).
    06-30-09 04:09 PM
    Clearly, Verizon employees aren't completely in-the-know - let's hope that our firend is right and they "fix" the online pre-order page to include existing customers (what a dumb move by Verizon to screw this up).
    how can they screw something up that isn't even out yet? they just annouced the phone...give it a few days.
    06-30-09 04:29 PM
    It looks like they just updated their site and it now says "Pre-orders not available for upgrade orders at this time" on the Tour product page
    06-30-09 04:31 PM
    It looks like they just updated their site and it now says "Pre-orders not available for upgrade orders at this time" on the Tour product page
    WTF! Is that supposed to mean "All you loyal Verizon customers can go screw yourselves" or "we know the problem, we're trying to fix it". Weekendbum, what do you have to say about that?
    06-30-09 04:36 PM
    I just got off the phone and the rep said it wasn't in the system for him to order. He took my info and said he would call me on the 13th.
    06-30-09 04:37 PM
    Does the second one end in -01 or -02?
    No it does not.
    06-30-09 04:38 PM
    WTF! Is that supposed to mean "All you loyal Verizon customers can go screw yourselves" or "we know the problem, we're trying to fix it". Weekendbum, what do you have to say about that?
    Hopefully its "we know the problem, we're trying to fix it". I'll give it till the end of the week and if its not fixed then I'm calling CS
    06-30-09 04:43 PM
    See below:
    06-30-09 04:44 PM
    Sure does look like the former. What a crock of **** if Verizon thinks they can put all of us on hold and then screw us over come release time. Enough with the waiting for loyal customers!!!!
    06-30-09 04:45 PM
    i just did a live chat and ashley was the lady name and she said the service is down right know that i should call E-services or dial #web from my phone
    06-30-09 04:48 PM
    It is always fun to watch everyone freak out at release time. People scream that vzw is screwing them.

The storm may have been the most anticipated BB release in along time, if not ever, and most people were able to get a device within a few days of release.

You will get a Tour (oops I finally said the T word) in a timely manner. You won't get screwed. Calm down and breaaaaath
    Last edited by Primate; 06-30-09 at 04:57 PM.
    06-30-09 04:54 PM
    The fact of the matter is that the "screw" is taking place. There is no logical reason to give existing customers less of a chance to obtain the phone at release aside from VZW's greed. And if that is what their reason is, then it is a "screw" in my opinion.
    06-30-09 04:59 PM
    The fact of the matter is that the "screw" is taking place. There is no logical reason to give existing customers less of a chance to obtain the phone at release aside from VZW's greed. And if that is what their reason is, then it is a "screw" in my opinion.
    If you think about it the phone isn't even released yet. It's still a pre-order. Now if on the day of the release I still can upgrade then I'll be pissed. Now the real issue is that new customers just get a chance to pre order the tour before existing customers. In the end I don't think it will matter too much as long as you get your pre order in by the end of the week I think you will get one.
    06-30-09 05:09 PM
    Here is my Curve out to lunch with me today in a nice BB side dish holder.
    At BB friendly Irazu Costa Rican Restaurant, Chicago
    06-30-09 05:14 PM
    The other thing to remember with these pre orders is honestly, there's a lot of hype in the blackberry community, but to someone who doesn't know blackberries or smart phones, ::cough::my father::cough::, this really isn't any different from the curve or the 8800 series to them. It's not like the tour which was "game changing" with the clicking touchscreen, where even one of my friend's father bought one even though he didn't have an email address....
    Weekendbum, where art thou?
    Weekendbum, where art thou?
    lol

10 char
    06-30-09 05:16 PM
    Post photos of you BB dining out
    06-30-09 05:16 PM
    At Irazu Costa Rican , Chicago.
    Then begin a Crackberry Freindly restauarant forum.
    No reviews just photos.
    06-30-09 05:18 PM
444 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD