This sucks. My speaker is vibrating and its getting worse. Taking my phone in to get it replaced again. Still under the 2nd 30 day policy. just a couple questions. They want to charge me $20 to do a device switch. Can I start the device switch at home, then plug the new phone in when I get it and continueit. Or do they both have to be plugged in at the same time?
    Also what problems should I look for in the new one?
    Screen ripple
    Bad tball
    Loose batt door
    Vibrating speaker (lol )

Anything I'm missing?

really not looking forward to getting new codes for all my apps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-09 11:52 AM
    Yeah just back up your phone before you take it in.. And I don't know where you got your apps but I just look at the site and redownload and it has the codes listed..
    08-17-09 12:02 PM
    Backups don't backup third party apps though

I get most of my apps from the cb store and bb app world

08-17-09 12:09 PM
    Backups don't backup third party apps though

I get most of my apps from the cb store and bb app world

They can i believe. I don't know about app world but crackberry store you just log into your account and it shows your apps so you can redownload again and they have the codes listed..
    08-17-09 12:24 PM
    FYI

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/

Also, you should not let them charge you a penny. Take the new device and restore it yourself.
    08-17-09 02:20 PM
    FYI

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/

Also, you should not let them charge you a penny. Take the new device and restore it yourself.

Yeah...although do remember that you will need to reactivate with your serial. I can see worrying about backing them up if you have a lot of information stored in them or you just have a ton of apps. Otherwise, just as easy to redownload them since you have to activate them again anyway.
    08-17-09 03:33 PM
    They want to charge me $20 to do a device switch. Can I start the device switch at home, then plug the new phone in when I get it and continueit. Or do they both have to be plugged in at the same time?
    Yes, you can start and finish later. You do not need to have both phones plugged in at the same time.

Start the device switch from DM, plug in your OLD phone, let it do it's thing (make sure you see it backing up 3rd party apps).

When it gets to the point where it tells you to connect your NEW phone, just disconnect your OLD phone and go get your replacement. When you return, plug in your NEW phone and continue the device switch in DM.
    08-17-09 04:30 PM
    sweet, thanks alot guys
    08-17-09 07:10 PM
    waited in line for over an hour,finalyl my turn and they have none in stock. gotta go back tom
    08-17-09 08:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD