I have tried every trick to fix the issues I have with my Tour and no cigar. Too bad, because the phone IS pretty.

I'm going in this weekend (day 29) to do an exchange. I hate exchanging/returning things but when the issues I have with the Tour are consistent and non-responsive to everything I've tried, I don't want to be stuck with a defective phone.

The pros of my current Tour:

1. Good screen/no ripple
    2. Fast reboot (about 3-4 minutes)
    3. Tighter battery door (since I exchanged the door)
    4. Fairly nice browser
    5. Decent camera
    6. Pretty

The cons:

1. Muffled sound
    2. POOR signal - I barely get above 2 bars
    3. Dropped calls (often) - didn't have this issue with my Palm
    4. Low volume on audio, even with all the adjustments and the volume at the highest setting
    5. Trackball issues with L/R - even with the sensitivity changed, it still skips, moves too fast, or lags.

Good reasons to exchange, right? I'll give the Tour another shot...but if the next one sucks, I might have to go for a Curve instead (which is eh cuz I hated the keyboard and the audio - while good - sounded tin-like). Too bad - this was my first BBerry and I'm not liking how many problems it has, compared to my previous Palm phones.
    Last edited by HollyDay; 08-11-09 at 01:05 PM.
    08-11-09 01:02 PM
    Yeah just go right in and they should do the exchange right then and there. Ask the rep to let you play with the device before you walk out of the store and make sure its up to par cause if not you can ask for a new one. Not sure if they all do it but my rep also changed my numbers to my new device. Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 01:11 PM
    Will sprint let you replace more than once?

If so, I surely wouldn't have waited until I only had 1 day left to get a Tour without those problems. What happens if your headphone jack or some stupid crap stops working day after tomorrow? Yep, you're stuck with it.
    08-11-09 02:29 PM

If so, I surely wouldn't have waited until I only had 1 day left to get a Tour without those problems. What happens if your headphone jack or some stupid crap stops working day after tomorrow? Yep, you're stuck with it.
    I've never replaced the Tour yet. I bought the Curve and returned it. Then bought the Tour. This would technically be my fist exchange. If something else stops working, then it's still under warranty and the 30-day guarantee means that you can return/exchange it. If it's due to defective issues on the same phone model, there is no re-activation fee ($35) and is free. If I change to another phone, however, there's a $35 activation fee, unless CS says otherwise.
    Last edited by HollyDay; 08-11-09 at 02:46 PM.
    08-11-09 02:41 PM
    Sprint just informed me that if I exchange my Tour on the 29th day (Saturday), that I only have ONE day to see if it works or not, and then I'm stuck with it!! WTF?! I didn't know this or I wouldn't have waited this long to do the exchange! How does that work...you get a new phone but only ONE day to see if it has issues or not?

In my 11 years with Sprint, I've NEVER exchanged phones, so I didn't know about this issue. Now I'm nervous about getting a new Tour that might be a bigger lemon than the one I already have.

What to do?!!
    08-14-09 03:56 PM
    Well, they don't just keep adding days with each replacement you get. It stinks, I know. No offense, but it would have helped to research their exchange policy sooner.
    08-14-09 04:00 PM
    Well, they don't just keep adding days with each replacement you get. It stinks, I know. No offense, but it would have helped to research their exchange policy sooner.
    Well, I totally get it...because at that rate, one could just keep exchanging every 29th day and never settle on a phone.

But in all my years with Sprint, I've never even had to exchange a phone and being a new BBerry user, I surely thought the Tour is the newest and the best, so I didn't even think about having to exchange it until more recently. But yea, that's kind of a major bummer...
    08-14-09 04:07 PM
    You could always just return it and reactivate your old phone. Then you could try the Tour again in a week or so.

08-14-09 04:16 PM
    You could always just return it and reactivate your old phone. Then you could try the Tour again in a week or so.
    Someone else suggested this, but going back to my old (Palm) phone would cost me $35 and then returning to another Tour will cost another $35 activation fee. That's $70 right there. But it's a consideration, for sure.

Do you get another 30 days if you wait a few days? This all sounds so complicated...
    08-14-09 04:20 PM
    You might as well exchange it the second one should be better then the first every so often there is a dud in the bunch

08-14-09 05:31 PM
    Just make sure you test the phone at the store before you decide on that one
    08-14-09 05:38 PM
    Someone else suggested this, but going back to my old (Palm) phone would cost me $35 and then returning to another Tour will cost another $35 activation fee. That's $70 right there. But it's a consideration, for sure.

Do you get another 30 days if you wait a few days? This all sounds so complicated...
    You should not have any cost for returning a defective phone. I tried a Palm Pre and got 2 defective ones before I returned it for a refund. There were no charges at all. I waited about a week and then bought the Tour and my 30 day trial started over again. First Tour had a bad trackball. The second one is a keeper. You need a 30 day trial to make sure it is OK.

08-14-09 05:47 PM
    I got a big headache with Sprint today: store said my 30 days is up already; Sprint rep on phone said it's up on Sun. (today), and telesales told me it was over as of the 12th. Anyway...long story short, I got it straightened out and am getting a new Tour shipped to me by Monday. I figure it'll be the same as the store, plus I have a few days to play with the new Tour until the "return kit" gets to me...then I can decide. Funny thing is...since I ordered the new Tour, the current one is suddenly "behaving" on all counts. LOL. WTF?!

Last edited by HollyDay; 08-16-09 at 03:45 AM.
    08-16-09 03:40 AM

Why anyone would buy a $600 phone and then be too cheap to get the $7 replacement plan is beyond me. If Sprint wants to keep giving me bum units, the joke is on them. They'll have a pile of douched up phones and I will have an account with a credit balance.

08-16-09 06:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD