I just wanted to make sure everyone's preorder from verizon says this when they try to check their order status: "Your order is awaiting approval or phone availability. Please check back in a few days". Thats what mine says. Has anyone's been approved?
    07-05-09 11:44 PM
    Mine says that as well.
    07-05-09 11:49 PM
    Ditto, Mine says the same thing, I hope it changes in a week
    07-05-09 11:51 PM
    Really? Mine says "Your order has been processed. Expected shipping date is Monday, 7/7. "

PSYCH!!!! Ok, sorry. My Jr High moment has passed! Mine says the same thing as all your's!
    07-06-09 02:56 AM
    As has been mentioned many times, Verizon will not process the order/charge your credit card till the Tour is shipped on Monday, 7/13.
    07-06-09 03:10 AM
    You know, I've seen other phones ordered ahead of release with the customer providing an SKU, and I've seen them ship prior to release. Now I don't want to start a frenzy here...but it HAS happened with Verizon before. It wasn't a smart phone, however, and it was at least a year ago (or a little longer). And not everyone managed to get theirs shipped early. Some did, some didn't, and I'm not sure why some made it through.
    07-06-09 06:42 AM
    You know, I've seen other phones ordered ahead of release with the customer providing an SKU, and I've seen them ship prior to release. Now I don't want to start a frenzy here...but it HAS happened with Verizon before. It wasn't a smart phone, however, and it was at least a year ago (or a little longer). And not everyone managed to get theirs shipped early. Some did, some didn't, and I'm not sure why some made it through.
    Yes it did, and besides dumbphones, it happened with the BB Pearl Pre-order. I got mine about 3-4 days before it was released, just by pre-ordering online.
    07-06-09 07:03 AM
    hmmmm.. i was going to just pick it up at the store this sunday --- but if by chance they MAY ship early..... maybe i'll preorder online
    07-06-09 08:25 AM
    As has been mentioned many times, Verizon will not process the order/charge your credit card till the Tour is shipped on Monday, 7/13.
    I wonder why that is... you'd think they'd want to get you signed up as soon as possible...
    07-06-09 09:29 AM
    I wonder why that is... you'd think they'd want to get you signed up as soon as possible...
    Almost every single business does it this way when you buy something online, Verizon is no special case.
    Why would you want them to charge your credit card when you have received no product?
    07-06-09 09:34 AM
    Its like that for all preorders. They wont fully process your order untill your Tour is ready to be shipped which should be on the 13th.
    Last edited by treyatl2006; 07-06-09 at 09:41 AM.
    07-06-09 09:39 AM
    Why couldn't they ship on July 10th for July 13th delivery?
    07-06-09 11:53 AM
    CSI Guy: I like your thinking! I'm thinking we *may* be pleasantly surprised by getting our (pre ordered) Tour(s) early....positive thoughts everyone!!!!!
    07-06-09 12:06 PM
    Me too and I think they have to say July 12th-13th cause that's when the Tour is to be released and anything earlier would just add to the already histeria and messed up system they are already experiencing....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-09 12:43 PM
    They are probably so over loaded right now, they are playing catch up.
    07-06-09 12:44 PM
    CSI Guy: I like your thinking! I'm thinking we *may* be pleasantly surprised by getting our (pre ordered) Tour(s) early....positive thoughts everyone!!!!!
    That would be amazing. I dont want to get my hopes up though.
    07-06-09 12:56 PM
    Where did this rumor of early shipping originate?
    07-06-09 01:22 PM
    my order status says the same as everyone else's, but i've noticed something that may or may not be odd: there is no longer a $1 hold on my visa. best i can tell it dropped off sometime over the weekend.

anyone know is this normal? and has this happened to anybody else?

07-06-09 03:22 PM
    FWIW, I have a 1$ pending hold on my MC from vzw. My order status is still the same as all of yours.
    07-06-09 03:36 PM
    probably not going to happen
    07-06-09 04:24 PM
    My oRder reads:

"Order Status: Your order is awaiting approval or phone availability. Please check back in a few days."

So I guess I will check back in a FEW DAYS

VZW Why so cryptic????? Just tell us!
    07-06-09 05:16 PM
    probably not going to happen
    Thanks for the positive thoughts. Geeze. I wasn't asking for the probability of it....that I already know.
    07-06-09 05:21 PM
    Mine says that when I logged into verizon but I got this email today:

Thank you for shopping at VerizonWireless.com. Your order is being processed and is subject to final credit approval. Shipments of high-demand devices such as the BlackBerry Storm are subject to inventory availability and could take several days to process. Customer signature will be required at time of delivery. We will contact you if we need additional information to complete your order. If you have any questions, contact us at [email protected] . Be sure to include your order reference number.
    I find it a bit odd that they would reference my order as a storm! But the confirmation below the text clearly shows my order as a tour.
    07-06-09 05:46 PM
    Mine says that when I logged into verizon but I got this email today:

Thank you for shopping at VerizonWireless.com. Your order is being processed and is subject to final credit approval. Shipments of high-demand devices such as the BlackBerry Storm are subject to inventory availability and could take several days to process. Customer signature will be required at time of delivery. We will contact you if we need additional information to complete your order. If you have any questions, contact us at [email protected] . Be sure to include your order reference number.
    I find it a bit odd that they would reference my order as a storm! But the confirmation below the text clearly shows my order as a tour.
    I got that email last week, immediately following my checkout.

They are just saying "high-demand devices such as the BlackBerry Storm"
    07-06-09 06:11 PM
    Oh VZW doesn't charge your debit card until the order ships???? I didn't know this, I was waiting until this Thursday to pre-order it because I get paid Thursday, so nothing will be charged until Monday July 13th?
    07-06-09 06:32 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD