I dont know if its just me...but sometimes...i have to press the call button more than two times to call someone....for example...say im at the menu, i press the call button, the Call log comes out. The person on the first line is the person i want to give a call to, so i press the call button again to call them. I put the phone in my ear, and then noticing theirs no tone ringing, i look at my phone and im still in the call log menu. I know its not the phone or button as this is my 3rd replacement. Im just wondering if its the OS yet ive had both 4.7 and 5.0 os' on their and they both did the same thing. Just wondering if anybody else has experienced this.
    10-19-09 02:14 PM
    Yep same thing for me a lot. Also when I am dialing a number from the home screen I can get half way through typing the number and then all of a sudden it would go back to the home screen and I'd have to start over. Also have had several replacements and its the same on all of mine.
    10-19-09 02:20 PM
    Yah im not sure but i believe this used to happen on my Storm when i had it...not sure though...I hope it gets fixed...i feel stupid when its right at my ear and im still in the call log option...shesh..lol
    10-19-09 02:27 PM
    hhmm....I haven't experienced this yet.
    10-19-09 02:44 PM
    I was hoping this would be fixed on the Leaked OS .230 but nope...anybody have experienced this too...
    10-19-09 05:30 PM
    had my tour since it was released and have not had this issue
    10-19-09 06:05 PM
    its a RIM quirk, it happened with my Curve as well...
    10-19-09 06:05 PM
    its a RIM quirk, it happened with my Curve as well...
    Did you continue having it after a while or did an OS upgrade fix it?
    10-19-09 06:27 PM
    I have this problem too. I also have a delay in answering a call & placing one. Very annoying.
    10-19-09 06:31 PM
    I have this problem too. I also have a delay in answering a call & placing one. Very annoying.
    A delay? oh man i dont know about the delays. Whats your memory. (options>memory)
    10-19-09 07:04 PM
    happens to me everytime I place a call, very annoying :/
    10-19-09 07:17 PM
    happens to me alot, wouldnt say every time but a good 80% of the time..annoying to say the least.
    10-19-09 07:36 PM
    Same here :/
    10-19-09 08:39 PM
    Okay well..good to here that its happening to others...yet in a way...not comforting for anybody I guess. Just like "TheVillageIdiot," I too get it about 80% of the time.
    10-19-09 08:43 PM
    Did you continue having it after a while or did an OS upgrade fix it?
    I always had it, it was way worse with the Curve, it seems to happen less with the Tour.
    10-19-09 08:49 PM
    Happened to me several times. I blamed it on OS lag because something was running in the background.
    10-19-09 08:53 PM
    I thought I was the only one having this problem. Happens to be daily just like everyone else says. Hit the call button and it goes back to the home screen. Very annoying when you are trying to call the radio station to win tickets.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-09 09:06 PM
    I thought I was the only one having this problem. Happens to be daily just like everyone else says. Hit the call button and it goes back to the home screen. Very annoying when you are trying to call the radio station to win tickets.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Lol. I feel ya. But man...I can't emphasize enough how stupid I feel after putting the phone to my ear, waiting a while till it "dials" and nothin' happens. Lol I waste a good ol' minute when I could have been speaking to the person..
    Last edited by Julio12; 10-19-09 at 09:23 PM.
    10-19-09 09:20 PM
    Yeah this happens to me pretty regularly. I just blame it on lag, gotta wait for the thing to catch up. Kinda sucks not being able to double tap send if you know you're calling the top entry on the log... i never have any issues answering calls though. Sometimes the display lags in showing "connected" and the timer, but the device connects the instant i hit the send button.
    10-19-09 11:18 PM
    I dont know if its just me...but sometimes...i have to press the call button more than two times to call someone....for example...say im at the menu, i press the call button, the Call log comes out. The person on the first line is the person i want to give a call to, so i press the call button again to call them. I put the phone in my ear, and then noticing theirs no tone ringing, i look at my phone and im still in the call log menu. I know its not the phone or button as this is my 3rd replacement. Im just wondering if its the OS yet ive had both 4.7 and 5.0 os' on their and they both did the same thing. Just wondering if anybody else has experienced this.
    I had a similar problem with a delay. If I pulled from the holster and pressed the green answer button nothing would happen. I had to press and hold until it answered.

It turned out to be related to my Otterbox case. The rubber wrap was pressing the camera side button to the first click or focus hold position. This was causing problems with the phone. I pulled the rubber wrap and trimmed the tit on the inside of the wrap so it wasn't pressing on the camera button.

May or may not be related but I figured I would throw it out there.

Mike
    10-20-09 07:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD