I have a sprint tour, every few moments especially in my bedroom, I get 5 bars then like 1foot away it drops to 0bars. What is causing this mayhem? I just had to reconnect a call twice today because of the erratic signal bar issue.

What going on? Plus... I'm going to up my OS from .42 to .53 tonight to see if it improves my bar issues.

thanks for reading...
    09-18-09 10:40 PM
    Can the Sprint Tour be updated. I thought those leaks were for verizon
    09-19-09 01:12 AM
    Can the Sprint Tour be updated. I thought those leaks were for verizon
    It isn't a leak; Verizon released it as official.

As for Sprint, they haven't released an update yet. They're probably still testing it and branding it.
    09-19-09 01:48 AM
    My BB does this to but I am on verizon. I have no clue why it does this.
    09-19-09 01:57 AM
    My verizon BB Storm does it also drives me crazy.I think its the way the service is my ATT blackberry phones never had this problem.
    09-19-09 02:08 AM
    I have the same problem, I have sprint too...if you find a solution let me know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-09 02:11 AM
    Hopefully the os update will fix the issue. I had this issue with my sprint 8330m and they were notorious for it.
    I installed the celluliar south .169 os and it has been stable as it could ever be.
    I couldn't be happier

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-09 02:16 AM
    After noticing this same issue, I actually started monitoring signal strength on my Tour as compared with my data card and work cell phone (all on Sprint). On the 20th floor of a Hartford, CT hotel, I was seeing -54 dBm on my data card while the Tour was registering between -94 and -103 dBm!!! At home in Columbus OH area, data card is typically in the -80's while I routinely drop calls and register -108 dBm on the Tour. Dropping calls at home is never a problem with my work cell (Motorola) nor was it with my previous Sanyo phone. I'm at day 25 on my 30 day return window so if Sprint doesn't have a fix from RIM, the Tour is going back and I'll eat the $30 restocking fee. Really a shame since it's a sweet device otherwise.
    09-19-09 02:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD