I was attempting to download an app for my Tour and before it even finished downloading, some error popped up that i couldnt read (no backlight) and now its stuck in an endless reboot cycle.

anyone had similar issues?

Probably headed to VZW tomorrow to get a replacement
    Last edited by invididual; 08-07-09 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Subscribing
    08-07-09 05:42 PM
    Just started this morning when I loaded the BB App World update. Is an exchange necessary or can this be fixed via computer?

Really hoping for help from CB geniuses!
    08-08-09 04:12 PM
    Try this:

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ked-blackberry

Verizon has been known to say the phone will not be replaced due to unsupported software bricking the phone. But then again, you didn't load any unsupported software on your phone to cause the problem in the first place, right?
    Last edited by xliderider; 08-08-09 at 04:20 PM.
    08-08-09 04:14 PM
    This being the first BB we've had (not counting the Storm for a few weeks), everything is new.

The Tour currently has:

Daily Horoscope (from App World)
    Facebook
    Google Maps
    Pandora
    Where
    BerryBuzz (expired trial)
    BB App World
    CB App Store
    Open Table (from App World)
    Tank Ace 1944 Lite (from CB?)

For me the problem started after updating the BB App World. After the update, the App wouldn't shut down, then after a battery pull it started the endless cycle. After some reading, we pulled the battery for a full minute and it now seems to work. Still perplexed though...
    08-08-09 04:26 PM
    Depends who you are talking to. If it is Verizon, any software not distributed/sold by them could be considered "unsupported", even if it came from RIM/Blackberry.

So most of the apps on your list, if not all, would be considered unsupported software by Verizon, if they wanted to be a hard*ss about it.
    08-08-09 04:41 PM
    Thank you for your help. I'm glad it was solved after an extended battery pull. Hopefully it won't happen again... We're otherwise (mostly) loving the Tour. :-)
    08-08-09 06:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD