Is there a way to send an email by typing in a contact name that has an email address tied to the contact? I see I can call, sms or mms contact but I don't see an option to email. Anybody know whats up with that?
    08-06-09 08:40 PM
    If I hightlight a contact and hit my bb key I get an email option... you don't?
    08-06-09 08:42 PM
    have you set up an email account on your blackberry??

You can't email from an account that's not there.
    08-06-09 08:42 PM
    Hmmm...when I go to a contact, highlight their name and press BB, the option to Email is definitely there...
    08-06-09 08:43 PM
    I've found that if I don't have an email address listed on the contact I cannot email them from the contacts folder. Only SMS, MMS etc.
    08-06-09 08:46 PM
    I have 2 yahoo accounts and one gmail account activated on my tour, the one yahoo account being the default account for email...I type in a name, hit the BB button, and no option to email contact. Interesting huh?
    08-06-09 08:46 PM
    Do you have an email account showing for the contact under his details? Because I can't email from contacts if I dont have an email account listed for them.
    08-06-09 08:53 PM
    I've found that if I don't have an email address listed on the contact I cannot email them from the contacts folder. Only SMS, MMS etc.
    no sh**. Really? How WOULD you email someone without their email address?
    08-06-09 08:55 PM
    What are you 12? I just listed it as a possible reason. How about you quit being a smart*** and try and contribute something to the discussion. Everyone tries to act like some tough hero on the internet these days.
    08-06-09 09:19 PM
    What an incredibly rude post. How about trying to be helpful rather than insulting someone else who's trying to be constructive to the conversation?
    08-06-09 09:22 PM
    Yikes on the last few posts...anyways it was stupid of me but I figured out what my problem was. When I typed in a name, the contact app highlights the contact first and then quickly highlights the mobile number. If I scroll back up to the contact I get the option to email. Thanks for everyone who helped.
    08-06-09 09:29 PM
    What are you 12? I just listed it as a possible reason. How about you quit being a smart*** and try and contribute something to the discussion. Everyone tries to act like some tough hero on the internet these days.
    Not a hero, just pointing out a stupid response. Your comment was like saying "hey, I've found that I can't call someone if I don't have a phone number for them."
    08-06-09 09:33 PM
    Not familiar with any tour quirks. But, on my curve the quickest and easiest way to send email is to go to messages icon >> menu >> compose email >> cursor is in the "to" field. Start typing name and the filter will only display the contact names that have an email associated with their contact info. Usually 2 or 3 letters in I see the contact I want, scroll to them and click. Done.

I have about 300 contacts. But only about 50 with an email associated with their contact info.

So, going thru the address book to create an email is harder than going thru message icon - just a thought. Hope that helps. Oh, and the recipient has to have an email address in order to receive an email (that was a joke)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-09 09:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD