Just switched over to a Tour from an 8330 Curve (love the Tour, BTW!), and the email text is massive! I tried setting the font, but it doesn't change the size of the text. Any help would be appreciated.
    12-12-09 08:40 AM
    Just switched over to a Tour from an 8330 Curve (love the Tour, BTW!), and the email text is massive! I tried setting the font, but it doesn't change the size of the text. Any help would be appreciated.
    your using Gmail arent u?
    12-12-09 08:59 AM
    Gmail is only for personal. I'm on enterprise server for work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-09 09:05 AM
    It is a known issue. I think the reason gmail was mentioned in reply was that is where it is most pronounced as occurring.
    12-12-09 09:41 AM
    It's an OS bug. It goes away with 5.0.
    12-12-09 09:45 AM
    If you turn off the HTML in the email options, you wont get the huge font, but then you wont get html emails.. kind of a catch 22.
    12-12-09 09:46 AM
    It is a known issue. I think the reason gmail was mentioned in reply was that is where it is most pronounced as occurring.
    Weird. My gmail actually looks normal.
    12-12-09 10:21 AM
    That happens with my emails too sometimes. I just hit the bberry button and click "get plain text"

12-12-09 10:50 AM
    I think the reason people say Gmail, is because it tends to happen when you receive an email from someone who sends the email with a Gmail account. Edit: It happens when sent from a the web based version of Gmail. If somebody sends an email with Gmail, but uses Outlook or some other format, it tends to work, but if they log in to the web version and send mail from there using Gmail, this is when it happens.

I hope what they say is correct, and the new OS fixes this.
    12-12-09 11:44 AM
    This was happening to me occasionally too, but after updating to the most recent *OFFICIAL* OS from VZW I havent experienced it once.
    12-12-09 01:37 PM
    I think the reason people say Gmail, is because it tends to happen when you receive an email from someone who sends the email with a Gmail account. Edit: It happens when sent from a the web based version of Gmail. If somebody sends an email with Gmail, but uses Outlook or some other format, it tends to work, but if they log in to the web version and send mail from there using Gmail, this is when it happens.

I hope what they say is correct, and the new OS fixes this.
    I think you may be correct on this. At work, we use an enterprise server for office emails, but web based gmail for radio dispatches. It's these emails that have the large text.
    12-12-09 03:16 PM
    Ive been getting it from gmail AND yahoo accounts.
    12-12-09 04:44 PM
    Web-based clients send the emails like this because the phone can't alter the font like it can when an email is sent from an email application.

12-13-09 10:24 PM
    I have noticed this when I receive an email from another blackberry but it doesn't do it when it's sent directly from outlook.
    12-15-09 09:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD