I searched before I posted. Not able to find a solution.

Picked up my Tour today. Verizon, version 4.7.1.61

My issue is that when I receive emails, (I have a Yahoo and a Hotmail account set up) the notification appears on the generic "Messages" folder. Earlier today, when I initially set them up, both accounts would show the new message icon. Now it doesn't. Also, Hotmail emails don't show up in the Hotmail folder created by the phone when I entered the information. The Yahoo folder gets the emails. I pulled the battery.

In other posts, I saw a few solutions that mention going to profiles, then selecting advanced. Thats not an option on my screen. This was the post I tried to follow: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ications-1623/

Also, copies of BBM incoming messages show up in the "messages" folder too.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Glenn
    Last edited by sponge60; 03-29-10 at 09:15 PM. Reason: added another issue
    03-29-10 09:13 PM
    Just wait til tmw - in OS 5 you can choose which accounts to show in the main messages window and separate the rest out. Now this is sort of a not so helpful suggestion but you should ditch hotmail and yahoo - and combine to gmail - the native blackberry app is great and keeps everything separate and you can sync to google calender etc.
    03-29-10 09:38 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion. I will try to do the upgrade today. I have to keep the hotmail address, as it is work related. But again, thanks.
    03-30-10 09:06 AM
    Put the new OS on, but still no luck with the notification incon displaying on either email folder. Also, all my BBM messages go to both the message folder, as well as to the BBM folder too. Can that be changed?
    03-30-10 11:10 AM
    go to each folder and change the settings in options. it's really confusing in 5.0 where which messages go where. I went from one combined folder to a bunch of folders that seem to put messages in each other at random.
    03-30-10 11:16 AM
    Tried that. Didn't seem to work. Thanks though. Anyone else have a solution?
    03-30-10 12:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD