so, I went to vzw to get a replacement for rippley screen/loose batt cover. The technician assured me that wiping the OS would fix both problems!

Needless to say, before I realized it (i ran into a few friends and began chatting) he wiped my OS (luckily saved my #s for me on the little machine).

Sooooooo, when it booted back up, I guess vzw had my email accounts stored on their network or something?

During the setup, it had my 2 emails addresses remembered. Now, instead of having push email from my school and gmail accounts, It essentially unloads massive amts of messages on me a couple times a day. I tried re-doing e-mail setup etc.

How do I fix this?
    08-07-09 12:17 AM
    Login to your carrier BIS site and resend service books or call VZW and have them do it for you. Also, re-registering your device may help. it definitely can't hurt
    08-07-09 12:21 AM
    How the **** is a software wipe going to change the hardware on the phone?
    08-07-09 12:28 AM
    Good question!! I figured that if he logs into his BIS site it will ask to verify his PIN and then resend service books then emails should start flying, right? It has worked for me.
    08-07-09 12:33 AM
    dont know how to do that cjjeffers. any help?

obviously a wipe doesnt fix hardware issues elohel... i think he was just being lazy
    08-07-09 02:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD