I have a BB through my employer and over the weekend our servers were refreshed. As a result all email that I am getting through the server idefaults to a much larger font when I open the message, to the point only 30 characters will fit on a line. Hitting the track ball allows me to slect 'Get Plain Text' which then returns me to the font size that matches every other application on my BB. Any idea how to revert back to 'Plain Text'? This is really annoying...... Thanks!
    10-28-09 08:42 AM
    This is a well known issue and there are a few other threads about it. Long story short it is a bug with HTML email and hopefully will be fixed in 5.0. [fingers crossed]
    10-28-09 09:08 AM
    Hey that seems to work!!!! Thank you very much!

Now tell me why the IS&S of a fortune 500 company does not know as much about these as the people on this forum???
    10-28-09 09:13 AM
    Hey that seems to work!!!! Thank you very much!

Now tell me why the IS&S of a fortune 500 company does not know as much about these as the people on this forum???
    The tradeoff with this is that, as the option implies, you will not see HTML in your email (colors, images, links, etc.). If that is cool with you, go for it, but it is a bug and that is a workaround that disables a nifty feature.
    10-28-09 09:15 AM
    This is a known issue in the software. It actually occurs depending on how the received email was sent. I did a long drawn out test a few months ago, it all depended on if someone replied to a message sent from your BBerry or if they used Gmail or Windows Live Mail to send the message.

Regardless, turning off HTML email support is a simple workaround, but it removes HTML functionality in your email. Not critical but still annoying.

The good news is the problem IS fixed in v5.0.x of the device software. Unless RIM winds up breaking it again when 5.0.x goes official.
    10-28-09 09:17 AM
    I will keep my fingers crossed that RIM is smart enough to have someone monitor and keep track of items like this. Yeah I know, I know.....
    10-28-09 10:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD