I added my Outlook email to my phone and I know it went through because the emails are showing up in my Messages folder. But I can't figure out how to pull that email folder out of the Messages folder. I want it added as an icon on the main/home page. Any ideas would be appreciated.
    02-16-10 05:14 PM
    If your Outlook is BIS mail, there should be an icon on your home page. If it is BES, then the Messages Folder is the only place it will show up. BES mail doesn't have a separate inbox, at least not in OS versions up to and including 4.7.
    02-16-10 09:11 PM
    Thank you. Silly question but how do I know if I have BIS or BES and where can I check with OS version I have. Sorry. I'm new to the Blackberry World.
    02-17-10 12:45 PM
    BES users typically have an employer-provided device and an IT department that supports it. BIS users are ordinary consumers who bought their own device and do their own setup. You are most likely a BIS user. The 3rd line in Options / About will tell you what OS version you have. It's a 4 digit number, like 4.7.1.61.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-10 12:51 PM
    Blah! I have a BES AND version 4.7. Guess I'll just have to get used to having it in the messages folder only. Thank you soooooo much for your help!
    02-17-10 01:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD