I have the phone set to loud, SMS/MMS set for alert, and email for silent. The emails keep alerting me! Help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-10 08:22 PM
    What OS version are you running?

Does the problem occur when the device is holstered, unholstered, or both?

Have you installed any third party apps like BerryBuzz/BeBuzz to enhance your alerting functions?

Do you have more than one email account? Did you change the alert settings for each account?

Have you tried a battery pull?
    05-09-10 08:26 PM
    What OS version are you running?

Does the problem occur when the device is holstered, unholstered, or both?
    I don't use the holster.

Have you installed any third party apps like BerryBuzz/BeBuzz to enhance your alerting functions?
    No, but that is a great idea. I'm a BB newbie, so I wasn't aware of such a thing!

Do you have more than one email account? Did you change the alert settings for each account?
    No.

Have you tried a battery pull?
    I'll do that now! Thank you very much. I'll post again at the end of the day and let you know the results.
    05-10-10 09:50 AM
    I had the same problem. Set your active profile to Normal instead of loud. That did the trick for me. Apparently the Loud setting overrules everything else
    05-10-10 11:19 AM
    Pulled the battery and NO CHANGE.

I had the same problem. Set your active profile to Normal instead of loud. That did the trick for me. Apparently the Loud setting overrules everything else
    OK, I'll give that a go.
    05-10-10 12:28 PM
    I guess, in theory, that makes sense given the quirky construct of the profiles.
    As discussed here, the only way to truly tailor your alerting options is to create your own custom profiles.
    05-10-10 01:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD