I have a Tour on which I get my corporate email via BES (maintained by corporate IT), as well as 3 personal email accounts via BIS.

Twice in the last 2 months, the non-BES accounts have spontaneously disappeared from the device and I've had to manually re-add them to the Tour.

Now, according to my corporate IT people, there is no restriction on personal email on the Blackberrys. So, are they periodically pushing out faulty enterprise config files or is there some other bug I'm experiencing?

I haven't yet had a chance to speak with one of the IT managers who actually knows something about the BES system to have them investigate from their end.
    09-07-09 09:07 PM
    It couldnt be the BES, in order to delete your personal email from the BIS you would either have to login via the Web or go into your email settings. Either way its a multiple step process. I have seen BES admins that call into Verizon and have tech's remove personal email from a Blackberry because its against policy for that company but if your saying personal email is cool than its something totally different.
    09-07-09 11:29 PM
    Odd. It happened once with my 1st Tour, then just again today on the replacement Tour (trackball failure).

Clearly I did not go through all the steps to delete 3 email boxes, so either my office sends out screwed up BES security updates or there's a bug in the Tour's OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-09 11:38 PM
    It's not the BES.

Once a BIS e-mail account is setup on the device, even if a IT Policy is put in place on the BES to disallow BIS e-mail, the e-mail account will remain on the device, however e-mails will not be able to be opened. Further BIS e-mail accounts will not be able to be added to the device going forward.

This isn't your problem.
    09-07-09 11:54 PM
    So what could cause this behavior then? Twice.

09-07-09 11:56 PM
    I've never seen that happen to anyone.
    09-08-09 12:03 AM
    Just login to your BIS account online and resend your service books....

BlackBerry Internet Service

09-08-09 12:41 AM
    I've been on a BES for many years, using many different models of BBs, including a Tour for probably 6 weeks when they first came out. I have 7 POP mail accounts also replicating to my BB and I have never lost a single account, on any device.
    09-08-09 12:59 AM
    What would cause service books to be spontaneously lost?
    Is this even possible, or is my account with VZW somehow borked?

09-08-09 10:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD