i've been browsing around for quite some time trying to find a way to edit contacts in my blackberry through my computer. (my last blackberry's usb was broken so i couldn't transfer contacts (pain in the arse))

i found a link that seemed to be a great way of doing it until double clicking didn't open up my contacts.

does anyone have any recommendations?
    08-31-09 09:09 PM
    The best option is to sync your contacts to Outlook on your PC. You can easily edit them in Outlook. You can also create a backup and edit it using ABC Amber BlackBerry Convertor.
    08-31-09 09:16 PM
    I like to use google sync
    08-31-09 09:18 PM
    cool, google sync is not a bad idea.
    i have never used outlook and never plan on using yet another application... after i already use google, gmail, google maps..

I'll try it out and post the results!
    08-31-09 09:26 PM
    well, it turns out that my boss's email address is synced up because of calendar purposes and i can not find a way to add other accounts or users to my google sync.

any further ideas?
    08-31-09 09:29 PM
    Bump. This is a smart phone. There has to be a way to edit contacts other than through outlook or a program you have to pay for.

I know a large amount of people in the music industry who proudly use and own a blackberry... BUT do not use outlook!

I am assuming, from the lack of response here, that everyone just deals with their problems. When something odd happens and they cannot transfer their contacts.. I suppose they just buck up and enter every single one of there 500+ contacts?
    08-31-09 09:59 PM
    08-31-09 10:06 PM
    You have to sync your contacts with something. RIM assumes that will be Outlook. But you can use other PIMs. RIM doesn't provide one for that reason. What do your friends in the music industry use? Is that an option for you?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-09 10:08 PM
    the knowledge base is the one i used.. was cruising until double clicking the address book didn't bring up a window for me to edit contacts in..

i'll have to configure my phone with google just to nab my contacts then switch it back over to my boss's email again.

thank you!
    08-31-09 10:44 PM
    the knowledge base is the one i used.. was cruising until double clicking the address book didn't bring up a window for me to edit contacts in..
    Exactly where I got derailed... I don't think there is an editor available. Maybe in an earlier version. Would have been nice. I guess for me Outlook it is...

Dan
    12-09-09 01:48 PM
    you need to sync "your" blackberry with "your" Google mail account. After you do that you should be able to open your Google contacts on your pc while logged into google.
    12-09-09 02:20 PM
    you need to sync "your" blackberry with "your" Google mail account. After you do that you should be able to open your Google contacts on your pc while logged into google.

Good idea, and I bet that would work, but I can't be so public with my contact list... google might just accidentally share them, and my company is pretty big on security.

Oh well. But Thanks!!
    12-09-09 04:58 PM
    Bump. This is a smart phone. There has to be a way to edit contacts other than through outlook or a program you have to pay for.
    Best buy offers a free app for backing up blackberry's and allows you to edit contacts but I am confused. You originally asked how to edit your contacts but then said the contacts are on your bosses email account? Whos contacts are you trying to sync?

I know a large amount of people in the music industry who proudly use and own a blackberry... BUT do not use outlook!
    What do these people use to back up and edit their contacts with?

I am assuming, from the lack of response here, that everyone just deals with their problems. When something odd happens and they cannot transfer their contacts.. I suppose they just buck up and enter every single one of there 500+ contacts?
    For just a straight backup of your contacts, you can use desktop manager very easily. You just cant edit them..
    12-09-09 06:23 PM
    I signed up for Skydeck a couple of weeks ago. Seems to work pretty well. It also deals with emails and sms's.

Besides that, I use Outlook and also gmail. Synchronization occurs between all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-09 07:25 PM
    I signed up for Skydeck a couple of weeks ago. Seems to work pretty well. It also deals with emails and sms's.

Besides that, I use Outlook and also gmail. Synchronization occurs between all.
    I have skydeck and youmail and both of those also let you edit contacts...Forgot about those..
    12-09-09 07:49 PM
    Open the address book, scroll to the name you want to edit (do NOT click on it, just highlight it). Hit the menu key and choose edit. You can then change anything you want and save the contact. [I originally synched with Outlook, but I don't want or need all of my Outlook contacts on my phone, especially since my Prius syncs my contacts from my BlackBerry, and I surely don't want to have to sift through hundreds of contacts in my car.]
    09-12-10 03:22 PM
    Go to the Blackberry app world and download a backup app... That way all your data is safe and you can go online to edit your contacts, and manage your phone... Good luck!
    09-14-10 04:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD