My phone for some reason had different rings/alerts for different people and I had no idea why. When I took it to the Verizon store, the guy showed me how to delete contact alerts but he didn't know why.

After that, I didn't notice it for awhile until it was doing it again. I now realize that every time I edit a contact or add a new contact, it sets up a custom contact alert for that contact. It's actually really annoying and I was wondering if anyone else has this problem and what to do about it. I guess I could take it in to Verizon again but maybe someone here knows how to fix it.

Thanks for any help!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-10 01:26 PM
    To my Knowledge its there is NO fix to this, and its a wide Spread Bug. i've had it since i got my Phone Many Many Months. Only Temp Solution is to remember to Delete the Custom Contact as you go along. Hopefully Vzw will have that fixed with the Official 5.0 OS
    03-18-10 01:42 PM
    Yes, known bug that is supposedly going to be cleaned up with OS 5.0. I have the same issue when editing contacts.................... and have to remember to go back in and delete those custom profiles.
    03-18-10 02:18 PM
    Oh okay, thanks for the explanation!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-10 03:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD