I've talked on the phone with Bell technical support twice...but somehow I feel like you CrackBerry addicts are more knowledgable...

I have the Blackberry Tour and for some reason my hotmail email has been incredibly slow going through to my phone (if it goes at all...). The emails are also not received on the other end in a timely matter, either.
    Is anyone else having the same problem that they managed to fix? I've read a lot about people switching to GMail because of this...

Since I deleted the emails and put them back I no longer get the red star indicating that there is a new message - but in "Messages" the red star shows up like it always has.

...Okay now this is going to sound like I have a lot of problems with this phone (which I DO!!! But I love it so!) For the email icon, once upon a time it changed to a yellow envelope instead of the globe - is there any way to change it back? I liked having the differentiation between my main email account and others.

Thanks so much fellow CrackBerryers!
    08-02-10 02:23 PM
    I've talked on the phone with Bell technical support twice...but somehow I feel like you CrackBerry addicts are more knowledgable...

I have the Blackberry Tour and for some reason my hotmail email has been incredibly slow going through to my phone (if it goes at all...). The emails are also not received on the other end in a timely matter, either.
    Is anyone else having the same problem that they managed to fix? I've read a lot about people switching to GMail because of this...

Since I deleted the emails and put them back I no longer get the red star indicating that there is a new message - but in "Messages" the red star shows up like it always has.

...Okay now this is going to sound like I have a lot of problems with this phone (which I DO!!! But I love it so!) For the email icon, once upon a time it changed to a yellow envelope instead of the globe - is there any way to change it back? I liked having the differentiation between my main email account and others.

Thanks so much fellow CrackBerryers!

For your answer, start reading the below thread at the back. Hotmail is now using POP3, 1994 technology!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/fina...answer-361096/
    08-02-10 02:46 PM
    Thanks...been reading it, but the provider I'm with doesn't allow me to have the protocol button...I've read the entire thread and don't think I'm quite clear on how to fix the issue quite yet. It does seem to be a bit better when I'm not online where MSN intercepts it. Thanks though!

Any ideas on why the red star isn't coming up on the email where there is a new message?
    08-02-10 03:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD