Whenever I send an E-mail, I always get a message back from me with what I just sent. Is there a way to turn this off?

I am using the new 5.0, but it did it with 4.7 too. If it helps, I'm using Gmail and Outlook on my computer as well.

Thanks!

Edit: Also, is there a way to turn off the "Sent from my Blackberry Wireless device" thing that sends with my e-mails every time? I find it unprofessional.
    Last edited by tvberkel; 01-04-10 at 10:40 PM.
    01-04-10 10:37 PM
    Whenever I send an E-mail, I always get a message back from me with what I just sent. Is there a way to turn this off?

I am using the new 5.0, but it did it with 4.7 too. If it helps, I'm using Gmail and Outlook on my computer as well.

Thanks!

Edit: Also, is there a way to turn off the "Sent from my Blackberry Wireless device" thing that sends with my e-mails every time? I find it unprofessional.
    To turn off the blackberry signature go to your email setup either online or under setup >email settings.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

01-04-10 10:47 PM
    Go to email, hit blackberry key, options, email settings, change send receipts to no?

01-04-10 11:55 PM
    Go to email, hit blackberry key, options, email settings, change send receipts to no?

setup>email settings>bb key on the proper email account>delivery options then erase your email address out of auto BCC(blind carbon copy?) the signature can be changed under general options.
    01-05-10 02:03 AM
    setup>email settings>bb key on the proper email account>delivery options then erase your email address out of auto BCC(blind carbon copy?)
    This doesn't seem to be it, there is nothing in the BCC: line. But thanks for the tips regarding the signature!
    Last edited by tvberkel; 01-05-10 at 10:36 AM.
    01-05-10 10:33 AM
    No prob! crackberry rocks!
    01-07-10 05:03 PM
    This is a problem with Gmail set up thru BIS.

The easiest way to change this is to set up a filter thru gmail.

You can also use the Gmail app and I think that fixes it but I'm not sure.
    Last edited by KillYouWithMyMind; 01-07-10 at 05:49 PM.
    01-07-10 05:47 PM
    This is a problem with Gmail set up thru BIS.

The easiest way to change this is to set up a filter thru gmail.
    Agreed. You will always get get that second e-mail when you send one through GMail unless you set up a filter, but then you CAN'T send yourself an e-mail even if you wanted to

I haven't used the GMail app. I just ignore the second e-mail.

EDIT: You can set up the filter through your Blackberry.

Just go to Setup->E-mail Settings->BB Button->Filters

And then set one up to stop all e-mails from yourself.
    01-07-10 05:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD