After I was pushed the icon to do the OTA OS update and completed it my memory dropped by 20mb. How to I get that back?
    12-02-09 03:58 PM
    Delete old OS. You'll get it all back.
    12-02-09 03:59 PM
    Sorry not a crackberry expert yet. Can I get some instructions on how to do this?
    12-02-09 05:32 PM
    Have you completed the process of actually installing the update?
    ~~~
    Sounds like yoiu need toclick and choose Update Now. I recvmmend plugging you power cord in while the process runs.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 12-02-09 at 06:18 PM.
    12-02-09 06:06 PM
    Once the OTA update is done, go back to the wireless update option in Options -> Advanced -> Wireless update. From there, you can select the update you completed, click the Menu button, and delete the old OS backup. Obv this is only after you're sure everything is fine and dandy with your new OS, settings, msgs, etc

12-02-09 06:28 PM
    Once the OTA update is done, go back to the wireless update option in Options -> Advanced -> Wireless update. From there, you can select the update you completed, click the Menu button, and delete the old OS backup. Obv this is only after you're sure everything is fine and dandy with your new OS, settings, msgs, etc

both OS options (.40 + .61) will be available to you via your DM. You will be able to downgrade from there as well.
    12-02-09 06:32 PM
    i have a sprint 9630 and i do not have the option to delete a prior version?? I upgraded yesterday. any thoughts
    12-02-09 08:22 PM

Do you mean to select the bb key when in wireless update? I tried that to gain some memory back after the ota update but there is no option to delete anything.
    12-02-09 08:30 PM
    Do you mean to select the bb key when in wireless update? I tried that to gain some memory back after the ota update but there is no option to delete anything.
    same here, no clue what to do
    12-02-09 08:32 PM
    Any help on the last two posts in this thread?
    12-05-09 02:44 PM
    Any help on the last two posts in this thread?
    I had a 20 MB drop after upgrading too but after a battery pull, I got it all back... Running around 110 now...

12-05-09 03:58 PM
    Also on Sprint with no option to delete as stated... After a reboot the memory seems to have been restored - running about 115MB free now.
    12-05-09 04:52 PM
    Sorry bout that. I could swear that's how I did it 2 weeks ago. Good to know a battery pull will also do it as noted above
    12-05-09 11:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD