Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Download Verizon PTT Software for Tour!

It looks like the Verizon PTT Software for the Tour is now available to download, at least for those running the proper version of OS 5

Go to the default Verizon home page on your Tour

For those who have changed it, it is:
    VZW Mobile Web

Click on Get Apps

Click on 16) Push To Talk

Click OK and Yes that you have the feature on your account.

I went to download it, and it says that I am missing the MPTT module. I am running .419, however from following the forums, I believe this module started showing up in the 2 most recent 5.0 leaks. So for anyone who wants to try this, go for it!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    312 Global Posts

it is in the most recent leak of .548, but does not work as the PTT feature for BlackBerry is not in the VZW system yet to add it on. you can download the app, but its worthless at this time. i tried earlier and got the java null error, but that could have been from me using shrink-a-os and removing something necessary for it to work.
    "And third, it's the BlackBerry. It's secure, it's scalable, it's global, it's push, it interfaces with all the different, you know, Windows media, Apple iTunes, online music services, video, TiVo, social networking, MySpace, Facebook, we're licensed on all five instant messaging environments, we do up to 10 e-mail, we do enterprise secure, we do web services enterprise and non-enterprise. It's a BlackBerry, you can have your cake and eat it too. That's the power of it."
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    uıd ʎɯ
    OS 5.0.0.419 + Driphter Dv8.2 = Better than Verizon's Official 5.0.0.591! ! !

Fast and no browser click issue..
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

so noob question, but what is push to talk?
    Provider:Telus
    Primary Phone:Torch 9810
    Tablet:Playbook 32GB
    CrackBerry Abuser

It in effect turns your phone into a walkie talkie for all purposes but you can only use it with another phone that has the feature, it was used by Nextel, very big with companies to keep track and access employees on the fly.

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

ah thought so, this is huge in Brazil, everyone in Brazil uses it over actually calling.
    Provider:Telus
    Primary Phone:Torch 9810
    Tablet:Playbook 32GB
    CrackBerry Newbie

Does anyone know if this will be available for the Storm anytime soon? This is a great feature, and I'm hoping verizon releases it to all phones if possible.
    CrackBerry Abuser

So is this going to work like the Nextel Curve? Or is this just going through a phone line and maybe going "lag" a bit or not be like the "real" nextel?
    CrackBerry Abuser

it's real PTT not store and forward like HipVoice and the other crap out there...
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,352 Global Posts

I'm glad Verizon has this now on there phones. I will use this all the time at work contracting other staff members who are all on Verizon as well
    Current Device: Blackberry Bold 9650

Future Device: Droid Bionic 4G!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    303 Global Posts

So does this only work for ppl on verizon AND who have the tour? It seems that's a fairly small number of people for now, no?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    934 Global Posts
    PIN
    I wish I still had one...

Um - perhaps a silly question, but what button does one push if they had this to talk. The NEXTEL's all have a dedicated (as do all true radios) PTT button on the side of the phone. Does this take one of the "soft" keys on the right or left side and turn it into a dedicated PTT button?

Just kind of curious.
    SIGH!
    -------------------------------------------
    No reserve
    No retreat
    No regrets
    Always forward; Always faithful
    CrackBerry Abuser

Also i have a question. Is the Tour the only BB that this will work on? Anyone know?
    i just took a mac and wiped my iphone
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    uıd ʎɯ

Quote Originally Posted by trophynuts View Post
    Also i have a question. Is the Tour the only BB that this will work on? Anyone know?
    Thats a good question. There are I believe 2 other bbs that run ptt but I think they are ones that only sprint sells.

The real question is will the ptt on the tour let you ptt to the users on sprint?

Banned

Global Posts
    17,409 Global Posts

VZW has had PTT for about 2 years now. i played with the feature a lot when i sold them. It worked pretty well and was fast. i just don't see the point in it. When i worked there it was available on the g'zone and boulder.

No, VZW PTT is only VZW to VZW, both phones have to have PTT enabled.

Has anyone been able to download PTT and use it on a BlackBerry yet?

CrackBerry Abuser

That is a good question. also. If it's limited to only VZW Tours i don't see it being a big hit at all.

If its all BB's...then may be
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    uıd ʎɯ

You cant yet it requires a file mptt.cod thats only been seen in the last 2 leaks. And I am not certain vzw has ptt set up ready to go in their system yet. I would not try until a official os is released...

Global Posts
    5,352 Global Posts

I just installed this onto my Tour. It was in the application center, so I just installed it. Now I need to test it out with another phone that has PTT on it! I'm running .548, so I already had all the files it needs to run on mine

CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by mjbesen310 View Post
    I just installed this onto my Tour. It was in the application center, so I just installed it. Now I need to test it out with another phone that has PTT on it! I'm running .548, so I already had all the files it needs to run on mine
    1. so your going to be "that guy" ? lol
    2. Just because you installed it i would think you still have to have it activated on your VZW account....
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    uıd ʎɯ

Quote Originally Posted by trophynuts View Post
    1. so your going to be "that guy" ? lol
    2. Just because you installed it i would think you still have to have it activated on your VZW account....
    It does have to be set up by Verizon on your account because its subscription based. And I for one am not going to announce to them that I am running unofficial software on my phone, and I am not going to be the first one to try to use this before it is officially ready for us to use... It will be funny when they log all those trying to use it before it is out and note all their accounts that they are running leaked software. Cause lets face it, the only way for anyone with a tour to even try this requires a 5.0 leak, the ptt cods and the mptt cod. All are files Verizon has not officially released...

CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by dave3825us View Post
    It does have to be set up by Verizon on your account because its subscription based. And I for one am not going to announce to them that I am running unofficial software on my phone, and I am not going to be the first one to try to use this before it is officially ready for us to use... It will be funny when they log all those trying to use it before it is out and note all their accounts that they are running leaked software. Cause lets face it, the only way for anyone with a tour to even try this requires a 5.0 leak, the ptt cods and the mptt cod. All are files Verizon has not officially released...

lol my point exactly.
    Banned

Global Posts
    17,409 Global Posts

i don't use anything but VZW released OSs. However, if VZW wouldn't have approved a buggy OS (4.7) we wouldn't have to install leaks and unofficial OSs. With all the 552 errors i've had using official VZW OS, i cannot download apps anymore. It's just too much of a hassle. i had my phone bricked because of a 552 error and lost all my data (i *did have a backup) and it took a long time to restore.

Now i have half the apps i used to have because if i load any more i'll get 552s. Not to mention huge email font, and freezes with this OS. Lame.

So, i can understand why people would run unofficial OS on their VZW 4.7 9630s for sure. i wouldn't be afraid to tell VZW why i'm using another carriers' OS. i hope the 5 OS from VZW is acceptable.

Global Posts
    5,352 Global Posts

ever since I downloaded PTT on my Tour, I called Verizon to activate it since I dont mind paying 5 bucks a month if I like PTT on the phone. I talked to a lady from Verizon, told her I downloaded PTT and would like it activated on my account. She puts me on hold for a minute, comes back and tells me she cannot acitvate it on my account since the Tour does not have the OS out for it at this time. lol I told her I'm running a leaked OS that has these files installed already, but she insisted that she can't do it yet since she can't activate PTT without the Official OS from Verizon even though I have the files, its not the Official one, so shes not allowed to activate PTT yet. boo

first time that Verizon turned down 5 bucks a month out of me! lol

CrackBerry Master

PIN
    uıd ʎɯ

Quote Originally Posted by mjbesen310 View Post
    ever since I downloaded PTT on my Tour, I called Verizon to activate it since I dont mind paying 5 bucks a month if I like PTT on the phone. I talked to a lady from Verizon, told her I downloaded PTT and would like it activated on my account. She puts me on hold for a minute, comes back and tells me she cannot acitvate it on my account since the Tour does not have the OS out for it at this time. lol I told her I'm running a leaked OS that has these files installed already, but she insisted that she can't do it yet since she can't activate PTT without the Official OS from Verizon even though I have the files, its not the Official one, so shes not allowed to activate PTT yet. boo

first time that Verizon turned down 5 bucks a month out of me! lol
    What did you expect? Its been stated that it is not ready for public use because the official did not come out yet. This is for a reason. ITS NOT READY FOR USE YET... Now that you went and said all that to them I would not be surprised if your account is noted and when you have an issue with your phone that they use it against you.. You have also sent them back phones with leaked software, correct? I understand people running leaks and all but you called your carrier and asked them to activate something they don't want you using yet, for a reason, then when they said no, you pushed the issue saying you obtained all the needed files, via unofficial software, then they still say no and you wonder why? W O W
    Last edited by dave3825us; 03-19-2010 at 03:24 PM.

Global Posts
    5,352 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dave3825us View Post
    What did you expect? Its been stated that it is not ready for public use because the official did not come out yet. This is for a reason. ITS NOT READY FOR USE YET... Now that you went and said all that to them I would not be surprised if your account is noted and when you have an issue with your phone that they use it against you.. You have also sent them back phones with leaked software, correct? I understand people running leaks and all but you called your carrier and asked them to activate something they don't want you using yet, for a reason, then when they said no, you pushed the issue saying you obtained all the needed files, via unofficial software, then they still say no and you wonder why? W O W
    Verizon doesnt care what OS I'm running. I've sent back phones with leaked versions with no problems, Verizon is well aware that most of the time I use my phones with leaked versions on. If I ever have a problem that needs a new phone due to software or hardware problems when I go into the store, Verizon wont even hold the phone with leaked versions on it. They always make me downgrade back to 4.7 so they can confirm it wasnt just due to a leaked version so they can replace the phone in the store. Verizon doesnt mind running leaked versions, but if you have a problem, you need to downgrade back to 4.7 just so you can prove your problem wasnt due to leaked versions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast