View Poll Results: Does your Tour send multiple texts?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

26 52.00%
  • No

24 48.00%
    Original thread here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/to...-texts-273982/

Basically, I'm just trying to see how many of you have the problem where, when you send a single txt, the recipient receives is multiple times (sometimes more than 6 for me). Hopefully this will prove to Verizon that this is a problem, because they're not believing me right now.
    12-19-09 11:12 PM
    no cant say i have that problem...
    12-19-09 11:13 PM
    I didn't read the original thread, but sometime people say I sent the same message 2 or 3 times, when I only sent it once.
    12-20-09 12:07 AM
    Yup happens to me. Usually its only two when it does happen occasionally its 3. My girlfriend just got a htc touch pro 2 and her phone now does that too. Smartphones just don't know when to shut up

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-09 12:45 AM
    nope.. never had this problem running 5.0 on the Tour
    12-20-09 08:15 AM
    i can say i 'receive' multiple texts... but only when sending to someone on the virgin network.
    12-20-09 08:54 AM
    Sometimes. Typically my friend will say he got my message like 5 times and get pissed at me but I have also received his messages 5 times too. It happens every once and awhile and on both ends. I don't know whose fault it is.
    12-20-09 12:19 PM
    so no one has any idea why this is happening?
    12-20-09 12:23 PM
    so no one has any idea why this is happening?
    POPEYES VS KFC Lol, when i sent in a text to my girlfriend i had 2 messages at once cause i sented her one. so i had to reply to both of them. so it's no one's fault.
    12-20-09 12:37 PM
    POPEYES VS KFC Lol, when i sent in a text to my girlfriend i had 2 messages at once cause i sented her one. so i had to reply to both of them. so it's no one's fault.
    Yeah.... That's probably not what's causing it. In fact I can't even decipher what you've said.

12-21-09 02:35 AM
    Never had this problem. I'm still running the stock 4.7 Verizon OS, without the .61 upgrade. The only time I have a problem is when my friend from Florida texts me, I get repeats sometime. But she has Metro PCS, enough said there.

12-21-09 02:54 AM
    I think this is a known issue that occurs with text msgs sent between to customers that are on different carriers (IE Vzw to ATT). I think its just a communication issue between the company servers so the servers send multiple msgs if they dont get a confirmation that the message was sent in time.
    12-21-09 03:01 AM
    I think this is a known issue that occurs with text msgs sent between to customers that are on different carriers (IE Vzw to ATT). I think its just a communication issue between the company servers so the servers send multiple msgs if they dont get a confirmation that the message was sent in time.
    agreed - cause when its telus to telus for me its perfect. yet telus to virgin and multiples occur.
    12-21-09 12:58 PM
    It's a Verizon to Sprint issue. I've noticed it with other peoples Verizon phones, not just the Tour. My GF's Curve gets 4 txt's all the time from Verizon users. My brother has Verizon and I always get 4 copies of his and he has some POS Samsung phone.
    12-21-09 02:44 PM
    When my nephew send me messages I will get three in a row from him sometimes. We are both on Verizon
    12-21-09 03:29 PM
    its an att-us cellular issue too
    12-21-09 03:59 PM
    OMG. I totally had this porblem! I called Verizon and they had me wipe my phone. My phone only did it to 2 people but it was on a regular basis. It was a gigantic pain to reload all of my apps and stuff but I haven't had the problem since.

12-21-09 04:18 PM
    never had this happen to me, but i get multiple texts FROM my friends on ATT.
    no one's ever said i sent multiple texts...then again i also BBM way more than i text.
    12-22-09 12:16 AM
    Original thread here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/to...-texts-273982/

Basically, I'm just trying to see how many of you have the problem where, when you send a single txt, the recipient receives is multiple times (sometimes more than 6 for me). Hopefully this will prove to Verizon that this is a problem, because they're not believing me right now.
    I always receive multiple (3 - 4 of the same) text messages from my friend and my sister, who are both using VZW. One uses an Omnia and the other an Env2. It's probably network related.
    12-22-09 10:53 AM
    All i can say is none of my freinds have mentioned it to me.
    12-22-09 11:05 AM
    Yes, I have periodic problems with multiple text messages .... not receiving them, but those I sent to get anywhere from 2-6 of them in a short period of time. I do a reset and it seems to settle things down.

I think it may be related to some of the apps (???) but don't know. Last time I had problems, I deleted the most recent app (BerryBuzz). All was quiet until recently when it started again from time to time. I recently installed MeterBerry, so there may be a connection there, too. I still have it operational at this point. Again, for the time being, a hard reset seems to have settled things down.

Oh, and it only seems to happen to my recipients located on Verizon in Oklahoma. I'm in CA. Glad to hear it isn't just me.
    12-22-09 07:16 PM
    That's never happened to me except if im in a bad service area?
    12-22-09 08:51 PM
    thanks for all the replies and votes guys
    12-27-09 05:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD