Sometimes wheb using my Tour my screen will get brighter for like 30 seconds then it dims back out. Anyone else's do this or know how to fix it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-09 05:37 PM
    It's the light sensor auto adjusting based on ambient light.

You can minimize the effect by:

1) Options
    2) Screen/Keyboard
    3) Change "Automatically Dim Backlight" from "On" to "Off"

I haven't made the change myself since I've gotten use to it, however I've heard from others who have that it doesn't make much of a difference.
    08-21-09 05:42 PM
    Same here, with or without auto-dim on.
    I'm hoping this is a bug with the OS that can be fixed through an update, since sometimes the extreme brightness can be a bit harsh on the eyes at night or in the cinema or something. I turn it to 10 but it still will go up to 100 for a few seconds, even with auto-dim off. Very annoying.
    08-21-09 06:44 PM
    Yea, all blackberrys do this by default but u can always disable this feature, I personally like it
    08-21-09 06:48 PM
    Here's the deal, many "Guru's" of the BlackBerry will say the same. The screen will dim/brighten whenever it wants to, no matter the setting, just watch and see...
    08-21-09 06:50 PM
    Here's the deal, many "Guru's" of the BlackBerry will say the same. The screen will dim/brighten whenever it wants to, no matter the setting, just watch and see...
    I'm not guru, but I agree. Sometime it just wants to do what it wants to do. Hey, it is a smartphone.
    08-21-09 07:07 PM
    Mine does it with it set to "off" - and even when it's set to 'on' it does it when I'm sitting in a stationary position and the lighting around me hasn't changed, so there's nothing it can be adjusting to. Weird.
    08-21-09 08:06 PM
    Mine does it with it set to "off" - and even when it's set to 'on' it does it when I'm sitting in a stationary position and the lighting around me hasn't changed, so there's nothing it can be adjusting to. Weird.
    Exactly

10char
    08-21-09 08:09 PM
    Mine does it too and it's only two weeks old. I find it rather amusing that I paid that much for a smart phone and here it is playing with the lights, rather than doin what it should be doin. Just kiddin, you'l get so as not to even notice it after a bit. Now go get your BB, kiss and make up
    08-21-09 10:18 PM
    see that's what aggravates me, it always does it when i'm reading something. If i'm using an app or checking messages it's fine. As soon as i load up crackberry and start reading posts it dims in and out, so i gotta keep zooming in and out to read the posts, it gets really annoying.
    08-21-09 10:25 PM
    I heard that it does this to save battery.
    08-21-09 10:33 PM
    I sometimes accidentally put my finger over the light sensor or my case blocks light from getting to it, which causes this to happen. Could it be as simple as this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-09 11:11 PM
    Mine does it but it doesnt bother me. When there is much light out it will dim , when Im in the dark it stays bright.... Im happy with it.
    08-21-09 11:53 PM
    Happened to me today-annoying.
    08-22-09 12:28 AM
    I personally like it too. I won't switch the auto dimming to "off".
    So far BBs are the only phone which I could stare at the screen for an hour , non-stop without hutin my eyes.
    This feature is one of the things that makes it possible.
    Try staring at a winmo 6 screen for 10 minutes..
    08-22-09 12:34 AM
    happened to me everyday
    08-22-09 12:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD