View Poll Results: Does your headphone jack work??

Voters
143. You may not vote on this poll
  • Works just fine

93 65.03%
  • Does not work well

43 30.07%
  • No clue what you are speaking of

7 4.90%
    Thank you for confirming the "L" connector theory and revealing the self-test options!
    08-03-09 05:42 PM
    Cx300s work just fine. Snewrty how do you like the S9s just ordered mine last night?
    08-03-09 06:05 PM
    i have tried 2 pairs... BOSE earbuds and SONY over ear headphones. i cannot seem to get a solid icon with either set. this is my 2nd tour btw
    08-03-09 06:09 PM
    This took care of the problem for me

NewerTech� Headphone Jack Adapter for iPhone�
    Great Idea!! Thank you!

Funny, how that is, eh?

Why can't there just be one standard for how certain things are made (headphone jacks, rechargeable power adapters, game controller connectors)?

Interchangeability would so help the consumer and keep prices down. (oh, there you go...wouldn't want that to happen now would we?)

Thanks again for the link!
    08-04-09 12:53 AM
    Originally Posted by PSTOUR View Post
    This took care of the problem for me

NewerTech� Headphone Jack Adapter for iPhone�
    Great Idea!! Thank you!

Funny, how that is, eh?

Why can't there just be one standard for how certain things are made (headphone jacks, rechargeable power adapters, game controller connectors)?

Interchangeability would so help the consumer and keep prices down. (oh, there you go...wouldn't want that to happen now would we?)

Thanks again for the link!
    I've experience the same jack problems on two different Tour phones - one slightly worse than the other.

I just received the referenced adapter in the mail today and can confirm that it resolves the connection problem. I can connect my headphones or Monster FM Transmitter to this adapter, then the adapter to the Tour and have a rock solid connection - I literally can shake the crap outta the phone and not induce a problem.

The connection not withstanding, the overall sound coming out of the jack still seems to not be exactly right though. For instance, adjusting the left/right balance on my stereo in my truck the sound coming from the left channel is low volume and mainly treble while the right channel is higher volume with a more or less full bass/treble sound. Same on the bookshelf stereo in my house. I checked this phenomenon on my old Curve also and had very similar results...this may just be a Blackberry issue all around...

This is the device and merchant I used:

Newer Technology iPhone Headphone Jack Adap... (IPHJACKEXT) at OWC
    Last edited by zzzbullseye; 08-08-09 at 04:25 PM.
    08-08-09 04:06 PM
    My headphone jack wasn't working with my line-in plug for my stereo in my car. My MP3 battery is at the end of its useful life so I too wanted to use my BB as my MP3. I ended up just getting the Belkin 6' extension cable with one male and one female end for about $6 and walmart because I needed it for something else. It now allows me to use the BB in the car, and the plug is slightly differenet than my line in plug. Might be a good cheap and quick fix for those that have a walmart nearby.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 08:55 AM
    I have skullcandy's and they work fine for both slacker, music, and pandora.
    08-11-09 09:17 AM
    Thanks nautidog for the tip! I <3 Walmart! :-) ?

08-11-09 09:49 AM
    My aux in and ear buds work great but for some reason it doesnt work with my cousins cassette adapter in his car.
    08-11-09 09:57 AM
    I use the ones that came with the Tour everyday for walking and the odd time for calling, but never had an issue.
    08-11-09 10:02 AM
    today i had my first issue.. plugged in headphone and fired up iheartradio and the songs were playing out of the phone speaker... i pulled in and out and same thing.. the phone was making the noise that it was noticing something was being connected... i performed a battery pull and on the next run it ran ok, through the headphones...
    08-11-09 10:29 AM
    I just wanted to chime back in on this issue and say, I gave Best Buy and the Tour one more chance before returning for good, and I actually got a replacement that works!

I tried two different tours of my own that had the same headphone jack problem with my cassette adapter, and two floor models at a VZW store, all with the same result. I went to speak with a manager at BB, they pulled one out of the box and let me test it before doing the exchange. I plugged it iin, and it worked flawlessly. No amount of wiggling the jack made it fail, so I am now quite happy.

I believe a new manufacturing line was definitely sent out though, the inside of the phone (behind the battery door) is now made of a finished matte plastic (somewhat like the area below the keys, where the VZW logo is) rather than the unfinished glossy plastic of the first two I used. I found that strange, but hey, I'm not complaining!

08-11-09 10:34 AM
    Been having the same problems with my tour. This is my second tour, and i like to hook it up to my receiver or my Ihome speakers. It plays for about 5 seconds outside the phone and then it clicks back to phone audio. Going to try the adapter and see how that goes.
    08-31-09 09:40 AM
    If you have a straight pin jack, as opposed to the "L" shape jack, it should be okay. Otherwise, the adapter is the way to go. I picked up one from Radio Shack on the cheap, and it works great.

08-31-09 09:54 AM
    My headphone jack is working perfectly. I have made plenty of lengthy calls with the included headset, as well as listened to music through the media player/pandora. I have also used the AUX input in my car to stream music through the stereo system. Works perfectly and quality is top-notch.
    08-31-09 11:08 AM
    Just wanted to add my 2cents. When I bought my first Tour, it was a Green Dot one, and it had a bad headset port, and a sticky menu button. I went back the next day and exchanged it, and it was perfect.
    08-31-09 11:46 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD