It's off by default but you can turn on Geotagging by going to the Camera Options.

I find that it is inconsistent with my Tour. Most of the times, the photos have not been geo tagged. What's your experience?
    08-19-09 09:16 PM
    That's because you have no GPS signal. I think that's why it's only some...
    08-19-09 09:33 PM
    Takes a while when starting up GPS "cold". Once you have a lock, even if you turn it off for few minutes and restart GPS , it comes back faster. This effect is also present in 80% of the car GPS units i've tested. ( I used to sell Car GPS).
    08-19-09 10:04 PM
    I have had this exact problem with mine and it appears that the issue is the gps on the phone. If it's important to have your pics tagged dont take them unless the small icon on your view screen is white with 3 bars on the far right side. If that's not there your pics won't be tagged. Hope this helps.
    08-19-09 11:02 PM
    Mine's the same I actually like the idea, and would like it on all my photos, however it is VERY hit and miss, it�s not gps as I tried opening maps and then find location , where I am which it did fine no probs,then switcted apps to camera took picture, no tag! shut maps down took picture no tag, took one later in day and it was tagged, took one straight after that, NOT tagged!!! Does anyone know how to get geotagging working more consistently, as I said I would really like to make use of this feature more, but it�s too hit and miss at the moment!
    09-05-09 04:57 AM
    Mine's the same I actually like the idea, and would like it on all my photos, however it is VERY hit and miss, it�s not gps as I tried opening maps and then find location , where I am which it did fine no probs,then switcted apps to camera took picture, no tag! shut maps down took picture no tag, took one later in day and it was tagged, took one straight after that, NOT tagged!!! Does anyone know how to get geotagging working more consistently, as I said I would really like to make use of this feature more, but it�s too hit and miss at the moment!
    I would also like to know how to get the geo tagging to turn on and constantly stay on. I have never been able to tag any of my pictures. The geo tagging is turning on though the camera settings and the GPS is turned on though the GPS settings, however there is still a little red x over the satellite when I turn the camera on.
    09-28-09 03:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD