Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Docking tone

Does anyone how I can get rid of my phone's annoying 'docking sound' every time i plug it in or set it on the dock? I have created a custom profile for work but I cant seem to find that setting.

Thanks in advance,
    -Frustrated

PS. Silent profile mutes it, so there's gotta be an option for it.

If you can find an answer to my dilemma, you shall be rewarded with praises.
    CrackBerry User

i have looked for the same thing and couldnt find it. the sound is growing on me now though im starting to like it
    CrackBerry Abuser

Are you using BerryBuzz? If so, go to: Options -> BerryBuzz -> Battery Fully Charged and change "Alert when fully charged" to no.

If you still want a sound when fully charged, but would like to change the notification, go to: Profiles -> Ring Tones/Alerts -> Berry Buzz-Battery Fully Charged Alert.

I note that even when I have the volume set to "Silent," I still get the sound when docking or plugging in. The only way I found to make the sound go away is to turn it off ("No") in the Options - > BerryBuzz area as mentioned in my first paragraph.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    32FB464A

Options>Advanced options>Accessibility. Tell me if "event sounds" is on or off.
    Advertising causes need --System of a Down
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

I could do without it... I don't need a tone to let me know i just placed my phone on the dock.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Ducaticorse View Post
    Are you using BerryBuzz? If so, go to: Options -> BerryBuzz -> Battery Fully Charged and change "Alert when fully charged" to no.

If you still want a sound when fully charged, but would like to change the notification, go to: Profiles -> Ring Tones/Alerts -> Berry Buzz-Battery Fully Charged Alert.

I note that even when I have the volume set to "Silent," I still get the sound when docking or plugging in. The only way I found to make the sound go away is to turn it off ("No") in the Options - > BerryBuzz area as mentioned in my first paragraph.
    I dont have berrybuzz.

Quote Originally Posted by jabbs1 View Post
    Options>Advanced options>Accessibility. Tell me if "event sounds" is on or off.
    YESS!!!! thank you! that was it!!!!
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    32FB464A

Quote Originally Posted by dsolis1 View Post
    YESS!!!! thank you! that was it!!!!
    No problem. It's wierd that it makes the noise when you put it in the dock though. Mine will only sound when i plug/unplug the charging cable.
    Advertising causes need --System of a Down
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

yeah dude, its weird, i think this happened when i upgraded the software, as well as other corky things.