View Poll Results: Do you like your Tour more after having it a while?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes took some time but I LOVE it!

35 46.05%
  • Nope I am still kicking myself/I switched devices

1 1.32%
  • Ehhh its okay

7 9.21%
  • Yes but I am annoyed about the Tour2 coming so soon after I thought I waited for the best

33 43.42%
    My wife and I got our Tours on 08/15/09; we both ended up needing a replacement, now they are working as they should. This morning we were talking and came to the conclusion that it takes a little time and effort to get to really know the ins and outs of a new device. This being our first Blackberry this rings even more true. I type emails/texts faster, utilize BBM and a host of other apps and have come to appreciate the device.

That being said I am bummed that we held on to our Palm phones longer than we would have liked to knowing that Verizon would have to be releasing a RIM qwerty device better than the 8330 (not that that is a bad phone) and took the dive on the Tour... only to find out that as soon as we were locked into our 2 year agreement on the phone and out of our 30 day W.F.G. they announce an improved Storm2 and a upcoming Tour2 with more content Grrrrr!

Guess I should have found Crackberry.com sooner.
    11-12-09 12:39 PM
    My Tour does everything I need it to and is awfully convenient in those places where I don't have WiFi (which are more numerous than I would care for). To be honest I see no immediate or critical need to switch to anything else, not even the Droid or the Tour 2. I will admit the Tour 2's WiFi and trackpad are attractive, but neither feature is a show-stopper for me. Added to that, I've had a very positive experience, both with the phone itself and Verizon, my carrier.

It's a great phone, imho. Sure it's not the flashiest out there, but it's professional, it's proven technology (i.e. it works just fine in my experience), and it meets my needs. I can't think of any more compelling reasons to keep this little guy.
    11-12-09 12:54 PM
    When i got my first BlackBerry i had huge regret. i came from an LG enV and i didn't see what the BlackBerry did that my enV could not do. It took me a few days to warm up to the BlackBerry and since then i've loved them! Especially since learning all the shortcuts and getting helpful apps loaded.

i went from the 8330 to 9630 and i loved the Tour from day 1. i've had no issues that caused me to return or replace my Tour.

i get very anxious when i get a new phone because i don't like not knowing how to use all the features, not having my contacts and info transferred over. But once i get all data switched over, my usual wallpaper, arrange my icons, set sounds, and i figure out all the features, i love the device!

i'll keep my Tour for the 2 years and upgrade to Tour 2 or 3.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-09 01:02 PM
    I bought my Tour on 10/2 and can honestly say it's the best phone I've owned in over ten years. At first I was confused since it was new to me and never owning a BB before, but now I can say it grows on me more every time I pick it up!! A big thanks to this forum for all the help and tips/tricks, I would be lost with out it!
    11-12-09 01:06 PM
    i get very anxious when i get a new phone because i don't like not knowing how to use all the features, not having my contacts and info transferred over. But once i get all data switched over, my usual wallpaper, arrange my icons, set sounds, and i figure out all the features, i love the device!
    Really? I love getting a new phone and learning everything about it. That's what makes it so fun!
    11-12-09 01:06 PM
    Besides all the small issues I've encountered with my Tour, I have to admit it's the BEST phone I have ever owned! I am absolutely smitten with it.. it's fun, fast, and FUN! lol I love it! My only issue is the trackball! darn little ball!
    11-12-09 01:18 PM
    Wow, I am glad to hear that you guys are enjoying your Tours! I do agree that it is the BEST phone I have ever had. JorGeorge I am with you as far as enjoying setting up a new device. I am a tech nut and love getting any new tech toys. Alexgurl I agree with you about the trackball, that is the reason my first Tour went back. The trackball issues made me really envy the Tour2 along with wifi. I think my Tour is great but I will be after the Tour 2 when it hits though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-09 01:52 PM
    After the trackball and early software issues were sorted out (took a couple of replacements) I still am wowed by this phone. It was such a huge step up from my Treo 755p in terms of usability, stability, multitasking, browsing on rev A, BT streaming, apps, instant email etc. etc. that the honeymoon period is still going strong What I really miss is being able to force roam but it's not the Tour's fault but crappy Sprint's coverage - still, it is getting better with PRL updates and I will not give up my SERO 1250 and free BIS so I could have better coverage in several places with VZW + double my bill in the process. Maybe this is why I don't get people who are complaining about Tour 2 coming out too soon... trackpad and wifi don't change a whole lot in my book. Still, I'm a sucker for the newest & greatest and will probably pony up the dough and get it after potential early glitches are sorted out with Tour 2
    Last edited by dohturdima; 11-12-09 at 02:01 PM.
    11-12-09 01:55 PM
    I like my Tour. My problem is with the trackball. The phone has been replaced 4 times now, and everytime I have it replaced, I have to go through the hassel of getting all my apps switched over, everything loaded again, blah, blah, blah.

So, yes, I am a little peeved that RIM comes out with the Tour2 with a trackpad. Don't care about the WiFi, but the trackball locking up is getting old real quick.

I bought the Tour the first week it came out back in July, so I am locked in for 2 years, and knowing VZW, they don't give a sh!t that there customer that spends $175 a month (2 BB on the account) isn't happy.....
    11-12-09 01:58 PM
    In terms of compared to other non BB's its pretty good.

But compared to the Bold I think I am not particularly impressed. The Tour is better in terms of app memory, but speed on the Bold on 4.6 compared to Tour on 4.7.1 was way better and the trackball design on the bold is better. Loss of wifi hurts every time I end up somewhere with unreliable signal. Also prefer the larger size of the Bold and all the 480x360 screen res seems to do vs 480x320 is make fonts smaller... You can fix this with themes, but it's still kind of annoying.
    11-12-09 01:59 PM
    When I first got a BB, it was the Curve 8330, then the Storm1 (which I only kept 2 weeks) and then back to the Curve and then the Tour on drop day. Each time I got a BB I was really excited and got in to the tweaks and downloads and did all the settings I wanted. Then, after a while I tend to get bored. That's where I'm at now with the Tour. It's a GREAT device, I'm just hard to please and always need something new to compensate for the boredom in my life.

Keep it, you'll love it.
    11-12-09 02:04 PM
    My wife and I got our Tours on 08/15/09; we both ended up needing a replacement, now they are working as they should. This morning we were talking and came to the conclusion that it takes a little time and effort to get to really know the ins and outs of a new device. This being our first Blackberry this rings even more true. I type emails/texts faster, utilize BBM and a host of other apps and have come to appreciate the device.

That being said I am bummed that we held on to our Palm phones longer than we would have liked to knowing that Verizon would have to be releasing a RIM qwerty device better than the 8330 (not that that is a bad phone) and took the dive on the Tour... only to find out that as soon as we were locked into our 2 year agreement on the phone and out of our 30 day W.F.G. they announce an improved Storm2 and a upcoming Tour2 with more content Grrrrr!

Guess I should have found Crackberry.com sooner.
    I love my tour....I could care less about the tour 2 cause I dont want a trackpad and I will never use wifi
    11-12-09 03:09 PM
    I will definitely hold on to mine for a bit. When the Tour2 drops I will keep my eyes on this forum until I feel that the initial bugs are worked out. I will however be into my VZW corpo store to complain that some consumers have got the early upgrade notice for the storm2 given the fact that I have been through a few replacements; if I can work em over a bit and get one @ the discounted pricing I will get a Storm2. I would still keep my Tour as my primary but the Storm2 would be nice when I have to go to some of my works locations with bad signal but wifi access or to use on airplanes (movies would be watchable on that). I guess we will see.
    11-12-09 03:18 PM
    Now that I got a working Tour, yes I love it
    11-12-09 03:35 PM
    AprilArchambeau I went through the same thing. Maybe I doubt my relationship with my Tour because of the trouble in the beginning of our relationship. We are going to work on our trust issues lmao.
    11-12-09 04:30 PM
    Prior to the Tour I had the 8830 World Edition; the very same phone that President Obama refused to give up. I felt the same way. I cherished that phone, and I thought that if ever another Blackberry world phone came along with the two features that the 8830 lacked, i.e. a 3.5mm jack and a camera, I would be hooked. That phone has made its debut; it is the Tour. It hardly hurts that the device memory is twice what I had on the 8830.

It has become glaringly obvious that perfection will always be around the corner. No sooner did I get my Tour than the Tour 2 was announced, replete with wireless and a trackpad. I like those 2 features, but they are not earth-shaking. Insofar as it is exactly the same phone, I am keeping my Tour until the next big advancement comes along. Who knows what will be the rage in 2 years? I certainly would appreciate more memory, and an enhanced ability to handle graphics. These all seem to be coming down the pipeline. There are rumors about a Blackberry featuring both a touchscreen and a keypad. I won't waste an upgrade with a phone exactly like what I already have. So yeah, I'll stick with my Tour.
    11-12-09 05:31 PM
    I was strongly considering a divorce from my Tour after having 2 devices with trackball issues. I gave it a 3rd shot and it works great. Now I get to fully enjoy it. But I may not upgrade to a BB next time.....
    11-12-09 05:44 PM
    Still like my Tour as much as day1, BUT i have tried the 9700's trackpad and i just wish my tour had it. Wifi is no big deal for me, Bell has great 3G coverage and it satisfies my needs. So besides wishing i had trackpad...im happy!
    11-12-09 05:48 PM
    There's always going to be something better very soon after you get a new device. I got my Tour just a week or two before you got yours, and I have NO regrets whatsoever. I'm not concerned about there being a newer version, this is one phone I am in no hurry to upgrade. Sit back and enjoy your Tour for a couple of years. By the time your next upgrade rolls around, the Tour 2 will be old news too and there will be a bevvy of other newer, better devices out there to choose from.
    11-12-09 05:52 PM
    There's always going to be something better very soon after you get a new device.
    One of the "benefits" of Sprint, likely there's a pretty decent time frame between new, good options...
    11-12-09 05:58 PM
    I had the pre-order Tour from Sprint and still haven't had enough time to "love" it.

That's how many times I've switched Tours.. have another coming in tomorrow.

I do love it tho. That's why I keep going back. :/
    11-12-09 05:59 PM
    I went from an LG voyager to a tour and don't know why I didn't get a BB to begin with. I like Verizon because I travel a decent amount and it seems that Verizon gives me good coverage in most places.
    So far the tour is doing everything I need a phone to do, and doing it well. I got mine a couple of months ago and haven't had any track ball issues *knocking wood*.
    I wouldn't mind having the tour 2 but I think I'll be able to live with this just fine until I'm allowed to upgrade again.
    11-12-09 09:57 PM
    I've been through way too many tours to be happy with it. And now the one I have is progressively acting up worse and worse
    11-12-09 11:55 PM
    I've had my tour for about 2 months and I love it. I haven't had any issues with it, other than short battery life. I downloaded AutoStandby and now I only have to charge my phone every other day. This is my first smartphone, so I really don't have anything to compare it to.
    11-13-09 06:39 AM
    It's SO nice to read positive responses about the Tour.. makes me love my phone even more ha!
    11-13-09 05:15 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD