since theirs is terrible? or is that out of the question
    04-10-10 01:31 PM
    Who knows now that it's at the end of its life.

as i said in another post...im sure they knew the tour was at the end of its life when they put out .591...and with all the bugs, who knows..maybe they didnt mind putting out a crappy OS. If they did it when we didn't know it was at it's end, why would they bother putting out a better one.

But who knows really.
    04-10-10 01:36 PM
    Then why push ptt on such a crap build..
    04-10-10 01:48 PM
    But I thought I was just the tours with NO CAMERA..... That's what I've been reading.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-10 01:48 PM
    Tours come with and without cameras. But what does no camera have to do with this tread?
    04-10-10 01:52 PM
    Tours come with and without cameras. But what does no camera have to do with this tread?
    He probably thought they were just discontinuing the non camera tours cause thats what I thought, but probably read it wrong.

I bet if verizon releases another 5.0 for the tour it will be after its discontinued.
    04-10-10 03:28 PM
    I don't foresee them dropping all support for the device just because it's discontinued. The build they released recently is terrible. Also, they continued to support the Storm 9530 for a while after it had been discontinued if I'm not mistaken.

At the very least, I'm sure you'll be able to get leaks in the future. And there is always the option of selecting a hybrid release. I'm not a fan of hybrids in the least, but .591 is scary by comparison.

04-10-10 04:50 PM
    Anything is possible, but doubtful the Tour will ever get any update ever again from Vzw.

04-10-10 05:20 PM
    I don't think the tour will get another update and even if they did I don't think it would be worth it
    04-10-10 06:04 PM
    I don't think the tour will get another update and even if they did I don't think it would be worth it
    Well considering that updates are free, I would say they are worth it. It's not like everyone is going to throw away their Tour because they are not being sold in stores any more.
    04-10-10 06:13 PM
    I talked to CS today to complain about 5.0 and the person hinted about new os by the end of the month from a friend in technical support (who knows)... and ... i was talking about the PTT getting taken off because i downgraded and i have to pay for it because i'm on a family plan and the person said something about blackberries will all have push to talk (i can't explain how the person said it not in those exact words) and i said really and the person stuttered and said well if it all goes well with the tour of course ( probably won't happen)
    04-10-10 06:40 PM
    If VZW does push another 5.0 or higher upgrade, it wont be for a couple of years from now. LOL!!
    04-10-10 08:23 PM
    5.0 patch or update? keep dreaming....
    04-10-10 08:47 PM
    IMO your best bet is to use a hybrid. I run dryphters 10.1.1 and I LOVE it!! The only thing that is a little buggy is the browser click issue...but I can deal with it...
    04-10-10 11:15 PM
    IMO your best bet is to use a hybrid. I run dryphters 10.1.1 and I LOVE it!! The only thing that is a little buggy is the browser click issue...but I can deal with it...
    is it hard to put on a hybrid? i have .484 rite now
    04-11-10 12:06 PM
    is it hard to put on a hybrid? i have .484 rite now
    Go to this site, it has all the info you could ever ask for. Hybrids are easy to install and will out perform any POS that Verizon will ever throw out, not that they're going to anyway.
    04-11-10 01:04 PM
    Go to this site, it has all the info you could ever ask for. Hybrids are easy to install and will out perform any POS that Verizon will ever throw out, not that they're going to anyway.
    For those of us who are still "lost" in the fine arts of installing OS and Leaks and hybrids, would 10.1.1 just be loaded on top of the VZW released 591, or do you do a wipe and full install, or....................? HELP!!
    04-12-10 07:12 AM
    For those of us who are still "lost" in the fine arts of installing OS and Leaks and hybrids, would 10.1.1 just be loaded on top of the VZW released 591, or do you do a wipe and full install, or....................? HELP!!
    The instructions are on the site where you download it from. Driphter has instructions right in the thread with the download link. If 10.1.1 is .591 based, which I believe it is, then yes, you download the hybrid, install it to your pc, which installs over the top of the os, then you wipe your bb and reinstall the os.

I'm using Driphters v8.2 based on .419 and I LOVE it. Smokin' fast browser, no click issue, 2 minute 13 second battery pulls, excellent radio from .484, etc.

Go hybrid and you'll never have to rely on crappy VZW releases again.

04-12-10 07:44 AM
    after my 9530 and 9630 experiences i am pretty much done with blackberrys
    04-12-10 08:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD