So lately my texting has been slow/laggy. I did a search and came up with some info on people experiencing slow texting after they downloaded a weather app. same thing has happened on my phone however I do text quite a bit and I am wondering if that is why it has slowed down. Should I be deleting old texts to keep it from slowing down? I asked the guy at the Verizon store and he told me he once saw a BB with over 15K texts on it so I am kinda on the fence. Any thoughts?
    10-25-09 07:27 PM
    Keeping old text will cause your app memory(RAM) to drop which makes your device lag a bit! I would recommend deleting them...

Also are you closing apps properly?
    10-25-09 07:30 PM
    I'd always recommend purging unnecessary data; but first, concentrate on whether or not you have apps running in the background. Is your weather updating on a regular basis. The communication that transpires during an app updating or running can cause lag.
    10-25-09 07:35 PM
    I'd look at a lot of other things first but let us know how it works

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-09 07:36 PM
    Yes, delete texts - I typically do everynight before bed, since I text so much. Also, delete email attachments if you have them and don't need them. Make sure and clear your SMS Outbox too. Then do a battery pull, and you should be good to go!

10-25-09 07:37 PM
    Properly close apps = hold menu, select app then hit menu and close, correct?

So how do I delete all or most of my texts at once? F*ck if I'm gonna go through and do it all one by one..........thanks for the info guys.
    10-25-09 09:24 PM
    Is there a way for the SMS messages to auto-delete on their own??
    10-25-09 09:37 PM
    Properly close apps = hold menu, select app then hit menu and close, correct?

So how do I delete all or most of my texts at once? F*ck if I'm gonna go through and do it all one by one..........thanks for the info guys.
    Go to the most recent date in your sms and hit your menu button and select "delete prior". It will delete everything prior to that date....

10-25-09 09:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD