When I plugged in and attempted the .53 update, DM went through all the checks and told me that my device was running the latest OS; but I checked my device properties and I am running .40 still!?

I even got the email from Verizon tell me to go get it! Am I missing something painfully obvious here? What could be stopping me from getting this update?
    09-20-09 07:45 PM
    I read last night another post which said RIM pull it from the DM. See if maybe you can do it via OTA or go to VZW web site and see if you can find it there.
    09-20-09 07:47 PM
    The os got pulled yesterday

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-09 07:48 PM
    yeah it was a weird situation... the update did come out, then it was taken away! I have no idea what the heck happend but rim screwed that one up it seems like
    09-20-09 07:50 PM
    yeah it was a weird situation... the update did come out, then it was taken away! I have no idea what the heck happend but rim screwed that one up it seems like
    I got luck and did the update on Friday evening. With regards to the trackball, so far so good. About the only thing I have found is the battery goes down to approximately 50 percent in a 24 hour period. The reboot is also faster - it took 2 minutes and 35 seconds after a battery pull. I'm keeping my fingers cross.
    09-20-09 07:55 PM
    damn...well thanks for the quick response, I guess I will just wait it out. I checked the verizon website and blackberry, but both had no update available. Oh well...thanks!
    09-20-09 07:57 PM
    How do I get the update symbol on the home screen to go away? I didn't get the new OS before it was pulled

09-20-09 08:13 PM
    How do I get the update symbol on the home screen to go away? I didn't get the new OS before it was pulled

Never seen an update symbol - have you tried a battery pull?
    09-20-09 08:16 PM
    Its the little circle with an arrow. It usually means something in the BB App World -- I went in and there was an update for one of the programs I downloaded. It updated that and I did a reset.

If i go to Options > Advanced > Wireless Update and hold down the BB button i see the Red Star like that's what needs to be updated. Quite odd...
    09-20-09 08:19 PM
    I see it now, it does have a red star, but I'm up to date.

Now if you are seeing it on the main screen I would say that you probably have to do a wipe of the phone. This just occurred to a work BB phone on Friday. The phone had a miss indicator on the main screen and a miss red star on the call log. After conferring with my BES people and VZW tech support it was determined the only way to remove these indicators was to do a complete wipe of the phone.
    09-20-09 08:33 PM
    Makes no sense why that indicator is there...f'in annoying. Its not a red star, its the Arrow in a circle with a little red star.. and a 1

*edit*

So i tried another pull and its gone. weird wild stuff
    Last edited by ehalperin; 09-20-09 at 08:46 PM.
    09-20-09 08:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD