Hi,

I got my tour, and when i used DM 5.0 it said that my os had an update. So i let it update it, and all was well. Not sure what the original OS was, so im thinking it was lower than .40

Then I did the switch blackberry thing in DM 5.0. It took all my curve settings and added them to my Tour...pretty sweet. Except at first, i had like three Browser icons for things like the facebook and Myspace links. I reset my themes to the original, and it was fine. It wasnt changed, but just did it anyway, and viola, it worked.

When it was done, it was cool. All my stuff was as it was on my Curve. AND I had an additional 10meg free! lol...it was at 124meg.

Anyway, today, I plug my tour in and go to DM and it said there was an update for Core Programs, Apps, API's and PGP's. So i let it run, and when it was done...nothing seemed to have changed, the same version still running .40

The only difference now is it took away the 10meg that i had after i did the blackberry switch in DM.

Is it possible that the switch put older system files on my phone from my curve, and now just updated them back? And STOLE my memory? lol...an opinions, or anyone else run into this who did the BB Switch from their old phone?
    07-16-09 02:28 PM
    I also saw an update when I plugged my Tour in today. I decided to cancel the update, as I was afraid of exactly what you're describing. Hopefully someone who's in the know can chime in here.
    07-16-09 02:39 PM
    I think it might have just replaced files that might have been overwritten by my curve switch. Still runs great, but dont' see any differences or enhancements.
    07-16-09 03:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD