Congrats on the tour purchase. I have had mine for about two weeks and its the best bb that I have owned thus far.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-09 07:59 PM
    Clovis, don't rush to Verizon to swap phones just yet. The Tour has a lot of potential, but there are two problems that to the best of my knowledge, haven't been resolved yet:
    1. People have trouble hearing you if you're using your Tour with any Bluetooth device. That complaint's been rampant in many Blackberry Tour forums and
    2. Even BerryBuzz doesn't give the phone a way to give you audio notices of a voice mail message at any interval more than an hour or so.
    He already did you lose Why are you trolling? You have 2 posts.

Congrats OP on the Tour! Get to know all of the shortcuts, they really make the device that much better.
    10-03-09 08:01 PM
    I love the CB community!! What a welcoming group! I've had my Tour for 5 days and I LOVE IT!! The only bummer is that there isn't any WiFi, but I have 2 computers at home so I don't really NEED it.

Thanks so much for all the congrats on my upcoming daughter! My wife and I couldn't be more excited!

PS: Any iPhone forum I was ever on was full of condescending a**holes so its great to see that CB is a much friendlier community.
    10-04-09 05:23 PM
    Welcome to the LIGHT SIDE of the Force!
    10-04-09 06:56 PM
    I dumped my iPhone for a Crackberry Tour

While I did like the iPhone, I was WAY too fed up with my terrible AT&T service. I'm married with a baby on the way and we wanted a family plan to lessen the cost of our bills, and wouldn't you know it.... AT&T doesn't support a family plan when an iPhone is involved.

So.... good riddance AT&T and iPhone!!

Now if I could only get past the learning curve.....
    Nicely done! Its good to see some ppl have the kahunas to up and leave a carrier if they don't like their service or plans. Keeps em on their toes

I have a touch and I don't even use it at home or g/fs when surfing web. I go right for the tour. Only beats tour on games so I gotta keep it!

10-04-09 07:17 PM
    Clovis, don't rush to Verizon to swap phones just yet. The Tour has a lot of potential, but there are two problems that to the best of my knowledge, haven't been resolved yet:
    1. People have trouble hearing you if you're using your Tour with any Bluetooth device. That complaint's been rampant in many Blackberry Tour forums and
    2. Even BerryBuzz doesn't give the phone a way to give you audio notices of a voice mail message at any interval more than an hour or so.
    What version of berry buzz you using? Mine has alert reminders but I only like led so I'm not sure if it its audible or vibrate whatever but try updating.

Edit: I am running 2.1.2.2 and I just checked and you can set auditory reminders.

Last edited by saintjah; 10-04-09 at 07:29 PM.
    10-04-09 07:21 PM
    Welcome to CB! I've been a long-time user of smart phones, especially the Motorola and HTC line and my BB Tour far surpasses them all. I strongly considered the iPhone, but I hate touch-screen keyboards and being a former AT&T/Cingular customer, I know how crappy the coverage was in my neighborhood.

Anyway, this forum (and website) is an excellent resource for information, tips, and tricks!

Enjoy!
    10-04-09 08:33 PM
    I could never leave my full qwerty. I have owned every bb verizon offers and the tour is by far my favorite!

10-04-09 08:52 PM
    welcome to berry world. ou have made a good choice. enjoy it!
    10-05-09 02:47 AM
    i already bought it an been rocking for 3 days now.. i haven't tried the bluetooth yet. that could be a potential problem since i drive..

What version of berry buzz you using? Mine has alert reminders but I only like led so I'm not sure if it its audible or vibrate whatever but try updating.

Edit: I am running 2.1.2.2 and I just checked and you can set auditory reminders.

speaking of berrybuzz, everytime i tried to change the LED color notification, it always ask me to edit my profile because the reminder repeat is on silent??
    or something like that.. then i go to edit my profile and there is no option for changing the repeat notification.. any ideas?
    10-05-09 08:30 AM
    Congrats on the new edition(s); the Baby and the Berry. The Crackberry family is the best w/BB help.
    10-05-09 09:18 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD