I dumped my iPhone for a Crackberry Tour

While I did like the iPhone, I was WAY too fed up with my terrible AT&T service. I'm married with a baby on the way and we wanted a family plan to lessen the cost of our bills, and wouldn't you know it.... AT&T doesn't support a family plan when an iPhone is involved.

So.... good riddance AT&T and iPhone!!

Now if I could only get past the learning curve.....
    09-30-09 06:32 PM
    Congrats on your BB and your baby that's on the way!

IMO the best way to learn about your BB is to play with it as much as possible! There's so many things this devices can do...

Here's a list of free OTA apps you can download from your BB browser and install...

http://m.crackberry.com/otaapps.html
    09-30-09 06:35 PM
    Welcome to BB! The link posted above is an amazing resource!
    09-30-09 06:43 PM
    Congrats on your purchase. Everybody here is real helpful

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-09 06:44 PM
    Welcome and good 1st choice. You'll find you will be at home here. Using the search option will get 99% of your questions answereda nd everyone will help out with the other 1%. Make sure you immediately go to m.crackberry.com on your phone and save the cb launcher
    09-30-09 07:13 PM
    congrats on your new tour and your family!
    09-30-09 07:16 PM
    Wow what a welcome crowd! That's so great, i really appreciate the assistance, and the congrats about my daughter on the way! I really can't wait to dig into this forum!
    09-30-09 07:32 PM
    Wow what a welcome crowd! That's so great, i really appreciate the assistance, and the congrats about my daughter on the way! I really can't wait to dig into this forum!
    oh youll dig it alright
    09-30-09 07:36 PM
    Make sure to read through the 101 Lecture series.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/blac...e-series-4716/

09-30-09 07:37 PM
    Yeppers. Forget about reading the booklet. Fiddle around with your device. Best way to learn about it.
    09-30-09 07:40 PM
    Yeah the CB bunch is quite informative for phone questions and grats on the baby ... Tip 1... Do not let the BB become a snack for the kid lol
    09-30-09 07:45 PM
    Yeppers. Forget about reading the booklet. Fiddle around with your device. Best way to learn about it.
    I totally agree. Fiddle with ur device and search CB. You'll learn tons more than reading a booklet. Good luck with your BB and toy new baby.

09-30-09 07:46 PM
    i am about to drive to my nearest verizon store and im upgrading my 8900 and bold and im
    also ditching my iphone 3GS. the iphone is good but i really cant deal with
    the onscreen KB any longer. plus the phone keeps crashing..

months of reading, i cant wait!! i just hope i dont get any problems with
    the trackball!

10-02-09 11:53 AM
    welcome to the info oasis. these crack folks will get you up and going in no time. the app link is awsome so check it out
    10-02-09 12:06 PM
    congrates on your bberry
    10-02-09 12:16 PM
    VZW ftw!

I agree with you on paying for poor quality with AT&T.
    10-02-09 12:57 PM
    I got my tour in early August, my first BB, and all I have to say is crackberry is going to be your new best friend! My only problem with my tour is the amount of time I spend on it. Best of luck with your baby!

10-02-09 01:06 PM
    Funny, I went the opposite direction. Where I live/travel, AT&T service is just fine, not as good as VZW of course. I will still be keeping VZW as I have a family plan with 3 lines.

My iPhone does not crash and the service is good, but damn do I MISS my Tour!
    10-02-09 01:25 PM
    I really can't put this thing down! The network is so fast I don't have to wait for any loading from the browser.

Its like my early bday gift for me!

10-03-09 01:15 AM
    Congrats man! 2 years ago i tried to switch from a BB 8830 to an iphone, i lasted 3 days with the iphone & had to go back to the BB!
    10-03-09 02:46 AM
    i was on the iphone 3GS for a month... i said i'll give it one more shot (coming from the original iphone) it was fun at first but as soon as i held my hands on the tour, i kept asking WHY! lol

now, so long iPhone... nice knowing yah!
    10-03-09 05:07 AM
    Welcome!

10-03-09 07:41 AM
    You just can't beat Verizon's server compared to AT&T, especially if you live in the Northeast!

10-03-09 10:17 AM
    Welcome to my favorite addiction. Congrats on the Kid!
    10-03-09 11:13 AM
    Clovis, don't rush to Verizon to swap phones just yet. The Tour has a lot of potential, but there are two problems that to the best of my knowledge, haven't been resolved yet:
    1. People have trouble hearing you if you're using your Tour with any Bluetooth device. That complaint's been rampant in many Blackberry Tour forums and
    2. Even BerryBuzz doesn't give the phone a way to give you audio notices of a voice mail message at any interval more than an hour or so.
    10-03-09 07:49 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD