OK so this is weird and has never happened before...but when I take pictures with my Tour they no longer save/appear in my Media/Pictures/AllPictures folder (or any folder). Under options they are still storing on my media card, and my media card has over 6 GB of open space. Any clue what is going on? Thx
    07-15-10 10:57 PM
    Pull your battery and they should be there when you reboot. Hopefully this will fix this for you. I get this kind of behavior occasionally and this fixes it up, at least for me. I have had any disappearing pictures on the .643 build though; what OS build are you using?
    07-15-10 11:07 PM
    another example...i just took a picture, renamed it, double checked the right save folder was selected...saved the picture and then went into my media file and no pic. even typed it in the search box above for pictures and nothing came up
    07-15-10 11:07 PM
    trying reboot right now, thx
    07-15-10 11:09 PM
    trying reboot right now, thx
    Hopefully this works for you too. Keep us posted after the >10min uptime. Grr.

If the photos of concern aren't showing up in "all pictures" after the battery pull/reboot, try plugging the device into your computer and looking for the files on the card itself. You could have a card that's going bad too, but again, the battery pull should most likely work put things in order again.
    07-15-10 11:12 PM
    well you were right. weird that this never happened before...but then again, some things never surprise me when it comes to technology. thanks for the assist.
    07-15-10 11:23 PM
    well you were right. weird that this never happened before...but then again, some things never surprise me when it comes to technology. thanks for the assist.
    Not a problem mate. Best of luck...
    Chances are (at least in the BB world) pulling the battery will fix almost anything!
    07-15-10 11:27 PM
    yea...and usually i do that, and for some reason i remember doing a pull recently, but i guess it was before this pictures issue. ahwell, thanks again.
    07-15-10 11:29 PM
    If you connect your device to the PC and you see the image on your PC but it's not showing-up on your device, delete the BB Thumbs file. When you disconnect from the PC and open the Media folder, the device will rewrite the BB Thumbs file and your images should be there. Another way to check whether or not your image is actually on the card is to open Media > Menu > Explore. While 'exploring', you can also delete the BB Thumbs file from there as well.
    07-16-10 08:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD