With the free trials of the various software, do the trial periods ACTUALLY end?

Meaning, I had a Palm Treo before my Tour. I had a program called Butler which gave you full access to the LED light. It was a trial program, but I learned that when it asked me to register and pay, I could just hit the Phone button and it "delayed" the registration for another week. I never had to purchase the Butler software.

Does the trial for BuzzMe Pro actually end and no longer allow you to use the program?

Thanks!
    Last edited by skimore2020; 08-28-09 at 12:05 PM.
    08-28-09 12:03 PM
    berrybuzz... awesome... downloaded the free trial and bought the full version within an hour.
    08-28-09 12:14 PM
    what makes it worse is that he has a phone that costs hundreds more than that....like owning ferrari but not being able to afford gas

no because gas is something that is needed to make the car run. Where as changing a color of a blinking light is not needed and frankly its rediculous in my opinion to "pay" even 50 cents for the feature.. especially considering that phones I owned years and years ago had this feature built in practically and the phone was like 30 bucks..

its more like saying you bought a ferarri and it didn't include a radio.

sorry
    08-28-09 03:44 PM
    How does BerryBuzz affect battery life? Does keeping it running affect stability?

Thanks!
    08-28-09 03:57 PM
    no because gas is something that is needed to make the car run. Where as changing a color of a blinking light is not needed and frankly its rediculous in my opinion to "pay" even 50 cents for the feature.. especially considering that phones I owned years and years ago had this feature built in practically and the phone was like 30 bucks..

its more like saying you bought a ferarri and it didn't include a radio.

sorry
    or turn signals
    08-28-09 04:26 PM
    I just downloaded Berrybuzz. I like it because it allows for different colors per email account (not sure if Blink or BuzzmePro allow for that). Anyway, I am really digging it. Fwiw, I thought that the disco light would be a silly gimmick that I would never use, but I now have it set up for my calendar alerts, and (a) it's cool and (b) very useful and (c) very cool!

I think I'm sold!
    08-28-09 05:04 PM
    Gah, now I gotta try this. Thanks a lot guys! :-P
    08-30-09 06:53 PM
    Out of curiosity.......With Berrybuzz what color/blink combinations do people use for which events?
    08-30-09 07:57 PM
    Bbalerts here but if I were to pay again I'd go cheaper like blink.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-09 08:16 PM
    I'm trying to figure out why a person would bother with this program? Are you really going to keep yourself from looking at your BlackBerry if it is flashing green to indicate a text, vs. a blue icon to indicate a voice mail?

Also, what happens if you get a text and it flashes green and you never notice it, but then you get a voice mail and it flashes blue? You would assume that you only have a voice mail, when in reality you have a text AND a voice mail. Does it flash both colors or something?
    08-30-09 10:28 PM
    I agree, Berrybuzz is the best!!!!
    08-30-09 10:32 PM
    I'm trying to figure out why a person would bother with this program? Are you really going to keep yourself from looking at your BlackBerry if it is flashing green to indicate a text, vs. a blue icon to indicate a voice mail?
    Actually, yes! I have a couple of email accounts, and depending on various factors, they have different priorities for me. So seeing the different colors for the different emails is great. Also, I place BB messenger entries witha higher priority, so knowing when I have them specifically is great. Or a missed call for that matter.

Also, what happens if you get a text and it flashes green and you never notice it, but then you get a voice mail and it flashes blue? You would assume that you only have a voice mail, when in reality you have a text AND a voice mail. Does it flash both colors or something?
    Yes, it flashes both/all colors simultaneously. You can get a nice rainbow going

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-09 10:51 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD