I send a substantial amounts of texts daily and have had zero issues with .419 - but I am a bit paranoid now
    02-05-10 09:52 PM
    If you've had it a week and have sent lots of texts and no problems then you're probably not going to have this problem. However, just be aware that if you see a text that seems strange, it's probably not coming from the person that your phone says it's coming from. And if someone says, "What the **** did you just send me?" you'll know why.
    02-05-10 09:54 PM
    this isnt an os problem.

it is user side error.. meaning it is YOUR fault that YOU sent the message to the wrong person..

think about it for a second.. the network doesnt have your contact list saved in their database so how can they send the message that YOU sent to another person.

common sense
    First off, know what you're talking about before you come into a thread to offer advice.

Second off, it is an OS problem.

I've been running .230 and .419 for a couple months now, and have had the same text message issue with both OS'. I know 110% that it is NOT user error.

This text messaging problem is caused by an error in the coding of threaded text messaging. At first I thought I was the only one experiencing it, however after talking with people from the Tour forums, I realized I was not the only one.

At this time, there is currently no fix (other than to load a different OS).

Hope that helps set the record straight.
    02-05-10 10:53 PM
    I posted this problem over at the blackberry support forums and didn't get a single response.

I had this same exact thing happen to me using this OS. Certain new sms messages will all come in under the wrong called ID. Even worse, I couldn't delete the thread that was wrong. I ended up having to wipe out my SMS database using desktop manager and it hasn't happened since.
    02-06-10 05:07 AM
    Ok so where do I find the link to the hybrid OS that does not have this issue? I'm assuming the hybrid doesn't have threaded SMS?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-10 05:47 AM
    You're killin me. ALL 5.0 OSs have threaded SMS. And there's no guarantee that any hybrid will not have this glitch. It's just that most hybrids have a lower reported rate of it happening. I'll let you do the research on the best one for you.
    02-06-10 05:50 AM
    I haven't had the issue (knock on wood) of my texts actually going to the wrong person, however I do have 1 contact so far that when i get a text message from her and pull up the main sms message list it'll say it's from someone else. When i open it up to read/respond its actually from who sent it. When i respond the person gets it. When i exit out and go to the main sms message screen, it still says the wrong person. These SMS messages with this person also merged with BBM messages. I tried an experiment of deleting the BBM contact of the person it was saying the messages were from and the sms i got from ther person changed to the persons real name, not the wrong person,,,,if that makes any sense...weird.
    02-06-10 08:38 AM
    Definitely an OS issue.

My scenario:
    I sms'd a coworker requesting info on a budget augment, he called me and we discussed the issue. He responded to my original sms a few days later asking me a question, I respond back (original msg thread is now growing). Two days ago I responded to another question he sent from this growing thread. Instead of getting my response he received my original info request on the budget augment.

419 has glitches. I can deal, its up to you what you can stomach.

02-06-10 10:20 AM
    This is such a bummer. 419 seemed fairly flawless to me so far until this started happening. After erasing my SMS database a couple days ago, it just happened to me again. A text came in from my sister (which actually showed up in the right thread - that is, all the previous sms threads were actually from my sister) but my bb is reporting that it was from my wife instead. Her called id is there and number, not my sisters. This could get annoying quick.
    02-07-10 07:40 AM
    I have had something similar happen to me. I picked up a call from my brother, but my cousin's voice appeared. At first I thought they were messing around with me, but I realized that it was really her when I ended the call and right before it got disconnected saw my cousin's name and number on the screen. I think I knew what happened, but this is just a guess. I immediately got a text from my brother after the call, and I believed the phone thought that my brother was calling me instead.
    02-07-10 09:33 AM
    it happened to me just once the other day but like someone said in a earlier post it was easy to make that mistake with the way .419's sms/mms is set up now.
    02-07-10 09:37 AM
    You're killin me. ALL 5.0 OSs have threaded SMS. And there's no guarantee that any hybrid will not have this glitch. It's just that most hybrids have a lower reported rate of it happening. I'll let you do the research on the best one for you.
    Hey, did you every load driphter's hybrid? Did you like it?
    02-07-10 10:41 AM
    Hey, did you every load driphter's hybrid? Did you like it?
    So far yes I do.. Not noticing a huge performance difference between it and stock but so far no SMS or other OS glitches, knock on wood. I think I'm going to post a poll later about these issues.

02-07-10 11:21 AM
    Yeah I'm someone else who's being driven nuts by this bug.
    02-07-10 08:57 PM
    I've since installed a hybrid OS and haven't had any sms thread problems so far.
    02-11-10 09:04 AM
    Im not so sure its user error. Not only are my texts going to the wrong person, but when I get a text, it is showing that it was SENT by someone else entirely. Any help is appreciated.
    03-06-10 11:33 PM
    Oh, and could someone post a link to the hybrid please? Im quite a newbie and need help. Someone mentioned wiping the sms database, how can I do this? this bug is driving me crazy! Oh and incase it matters I use a Mac.
    03-06-10 11:43 PM
    03-07-10 05:55 AM
    wow. i feel sorry for the perverts who own a blackberry. lmao
    they might send a nasty text to their grandma or mom. haha
    03-07-10 06:18 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD