okay, I set a password for my Tour because I don't want people gong through it; so I. Set it & turned on the password thing.. & so I waited for my screen to dim out & I pushed a button & I was like WTH! It didn't do anything (make me enter a password)... Any help?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-10 10:02 PM
    How long a period did you select for the password timer? The phone won't be password protected until the timer expires. You can set it as short as 1 minute and as long as 1 hour.
    04-26-10 10:04 PM
    It doesn't say that ?

04-26-10 10:07 PM
    You can also manually password lock your device by either pressing alt enter. Or, if dial from home screen is off, press K. Those will password lock your BlackBerry right away.

And like Jeff said, you can also change your password timeout (Security Timeout). Options Icon-Password.

04-26-10 10:10 PM
    If you go to Options -> Password; it says Security Timeout which is the timer
    04-26-10 10:10 PM
    You can also manually password lock your device by either pressing alt enter. Or, if dial from home screen is off, press K. Those will password lock your BlackBerry right away.
    Thanks I did not know about the short cut keys for locking phone
    04-27-10 05:36 AM
    yeah check out how long you set the timer for, then wait that amount of time. if that doesnt work maybe try a battery pull..?
    04-27-10 09:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD