So I have my SMS built up pretty badly, and I am trying to delete them so hopefully my Berry won't be so slow... But my inbox is so slow, and it takes sooooo long to delete my texts.. even if I try to delete one day at a time using the "Delete Prior" option... Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Last edited by qnguyen010; 10-12-09 at 02:28 PM.
    10-12-09 02:16 PM
    Go all the way to the top of your messages, so you're on the date bar, BB menu button, delete prior. Will remove all of them.
    10-12-09 02:25 PM
    Go all the way to the top of your messages, so you're on the date bar, BB menu button, delete prior. Will remove all of them.
    I've already tried this.... I said I even tried deleting one day at a time.
    10-12-09 02:26 PM
    I never had an issue with scrolling to the top and delete prior. It gets rid of everything. Sorry I could not help, but I am sure someone can.
    10-12-09 02:28 PM
    Use desktop manager........go into backup/restore.........advance.....select SMS or MMS from list on rightand clear. Presto!
    Last edited by berryg1; 10-12-09 at 03:04 PM. Reason: error
    10-12-09 02:35 PM
    Use desktop manager........go into backup/restore.........advance.....select SMS or MMS from list on left and clear. Presto!
    OMG i'm at work and if i go home and this works i will love you forever 0=)
    10-12-09 02:36 PM
    Use desktop manager........go into backup/restore.........advance.....select SMS or MMS from list on left and clear. Presto!
    Wait hold on... will this delete my saved messages?
    10-12-09 02:38 PM
    Wait hold on... will this delete my saved messages?
    it shouldn't. it puts your saved messages in a separate folder called "Saved Messages." look in your applications folder, thats where mine is
    10-12-09 02:53 PM
    the info actually populates on right side, not left side of DM and there is a CLEAR button on the bottom. It shouldn't delete saved messages.
    10-12-09 03:03 PM
    If you go to the most recent date and hit delete prior it should not delete only one day's worth of texts.
    10-12-09 04:27 PM
    If you go to the most recent date and hit delete prior it should not delete only one day's worth of texts.
    I know that if I go to Oct. 12, 2009 and click on it and press "Delete Prior" that it deletes all of my texts. However, like I said, it takes FOREVER. The "Deleting" icon pops up and stays like that for a long time. Therefore, I went to the last date and used the "Delete Prior" option to delete one day at a time so it would only freeze up my phone for 5 min. at a time instead of hours at a time.

I know how to use the "Delete Prior" option. What I am asking is if there is a way to either fix the lagging problem or another way of deleting (like how people were suggesting using Desktop Manager.
    10-12-09 06:33 PM
    the info actually populates on right side, not left side of DM and there is a CLEAR button on the bottom. It shouldn't delete saved messages.
    WORKED like a charm! I have a Mac, and at first I thought the option to clear the messages wasn't there.. But if anyone was wondering.. You have to go the menu bar, and click "Device" and then click "Clear Data"... then it takes you to a screen that will let you select which data you would like to remove.

Thanks for all the help everyone!
    10-12-09 06:43 PM
    WORKED like a charm! I have a Mac, and at first I thought the option to clear the messages wasn't there.. But if anyone was wondering.. You have to go the menu bar, and click "Device" and then click "Clear Data"... then it takes you to a screen that will let you select which data you would like to remove.

Thanks for all the help everyone!
    PS - It did end up deleting my saved SMS messages... But it's ok.. There weren't really any important messages, and I backed them up with Desktop Manager before I cleared my inbox.
    10-12-09 06:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD