I'd sure like to be able to select and delete a group of messages from the email box on my Tour. It's a pain to have to select and delete each msg individually when you have 20-30 new msgs.

Anyone know if this is possible?

TIA . . .
    12-15-09 02:01 PM
    Hold down the caps key and scroll with your trackball.
    Last edited by bkorver; 12-15-09 at 02:08 PM.
    12-15-09 02:04 PM
    Yes, I can help you. Hold down the caps key (under the "Z" key. It has an upper and lower case "A" on it). While holding it down, scroll the track ball down. As you scroll down it will highlight messages. Then press delete and you can delete multiple messages at the same time. Hope this helped.
    12-15-09 02:06 PM
    Bkorver meant to say hold the shift key, not the alt key. You can also select a date bar and press Menu, Delete Prior to delete all messages prior to the selected date.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-09 02:07 PM
    I'd sure like to be able to select and delete a group of messages from the email box on my Tour. It's a pain to have to select and delete each msg individually when you have 20-30 new msgs.

Anyone know if this is possible?

TIA . . .
    There are a few ways to do it. Highlight a date and hit the menu button. Select "Delete Prior" and all messages on that date and prior will be deleted. Depending on what you are trying to delete that may or may not be a good option for you.

Another way is highlight an email you want to delete. Then hold down the shift key (left or right) and use your trackball/trackpad to select multiple messages. Hit the menu button and select Delete Messages. This is a good option for messages you want to delete which are grouped together but not wanting to delete all messages prior to a date.

Hope that helps.
    12-15-09 02:08 PM
    Thanks, all. I thought I had tried the "SHIFT + scroll" method without success, but I probably did it wrong! I'll try again.

I 'preciate the help . . .
    12-15-09 02:36 PM
    Also, lets say that you have 300 messages/sms in your box and you want to just delete the 15 from Tony - and they're scattered about over the course of 10 days. Hit the menu button, select Search and enter the name in the field...It will now only display the messages from Tony. Follow the methods listed before this response to delete just the messages from Tony! Then the back button will get you back into the full inbox....

ALB
    12-15-09 02:45 PM
    Great post. I always have issues with using delete prior. I end up deleting something that I wanted to save. Using the Caps key works like a charm.
    12-15-09 04:31 PM
    Also, lets say that you have 300 messages/sms in your box and you want to just delete the 15 from Tony - and they're scattered about over the course of 10 days. Hit the menu button, select Search and enter the name in the field...It will now only display the messages from Tony. Follow the methods listed before this response to delete just the messages from Tony! Then the back button will get you back into the full inbox....

ALB
    You can also go into contacts-high light tony-menu-activity log and delete every trace of tony from sms-mms-email-placed call-missed call etc If you previously saved items you want to keep, it will prompt you about the saved items I believe...
    12-15-09 09:50 PM
    My problem is when I select more than 4 messages it freezes and I have to re-boot. I have no idea why or what to do to fix it. Any suggestions? I'm running .230 right now.
    12-16-09 12:12 AM
    I hope everyone was able to delete successfully!
    12-16-09 09:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD