Okay, I am trying to get rid of two programs. Specifically, a flashlight app and Poynt if that has any significance, but it probably doesn't.

But when I go to options > advanced > apps and delete these apps, when I restarted my BB I see that they are still there, only under downloads, and that they are 'archived'.

How do I delete these permanently? I know these are taking up some kind of room, because there are still icons and when I clicked to see if I had to re-download them, I didn't, it just activated it again, which mean there is some kind of storage for this app still.

So, again, how do I delete these permanently; fully delete them?
    Last edited by gnarly sky; 10-18-09 at 09:14 PM.
    10-18-09 08:17 PM
    I too am also curious about this.
    10-18-09 09:13 PM
    I know the frustration you're going through. I too didn't know how to solve this problem but it's very simple.

What you need to do is open up Blackberry App World and go to the "My World" section. Here you will see the list of apps that you have installed but if you scroll to the bottom, you will see the ones that you've uninstalled that are now "Archived". Simply highlight the archived apps and hit the menu key and select delete. This will remove the archived app button from your BB.

Hope this helps.
    10-18-09 09:20 PM
    Thanks! I had been wondering that myself.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-09 09:42 PM
    I know the frustration you're going through. I too didn't know how to solve this problem but it's very simple.

What you need to do is open up Blackberry App World and go to the "My World" section. Here you will see the list of apps that you have installed but if you scroll to the bottom, you will see the ones that you've uninstalled that are now "Archived". Simply highlight the archived apps and hit the menu key and select delete. This will remove the archived app button from your BB.

Hope this helps.
    +1

Just remeber, they will still stay in your App World, they will just be listed as uninstalled. But they won't show up under downloads or apps.
    10-18-09 10:06 PM
    I wish this site had a reputation system... this deserves rep... i'll give it anyway...

+ rep
    10-18-09 10:08 PM

Hope this helps.
    Ahhh, nice.

Very nice.

Thanks a lot. I did notice the 'My App World' thing yesterday, but I didn't think anything of it.

Now I know.
    10-18-09 10:23 PM

Hope this helps.

This helped a lot!! I wouldn't have checked bb app world. Thanks!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-09 01:16 PM
    Sweet! I wouldn't have looked there.

+1 rep

=]
    Dm
    10-21-09 01:43 PM
    This solution only works with applications you have downloaded through BB App World. Does anyone know how to delete applications you downloaded from the web and loaded on your BB using the Desktop Manager?
    10-21-09 04:24 PM
    I didn't know my response helped so many people, pretty cool.

If the app shows up in the My World section as "uninstalled", what you need to is highlight the app and then hold down ALT and press R S T.

It will seem like your phone has frozen but it's just working it's magic and then it will return you to the home screen. From here, go back into the App World and go to the My World section and you should not see an icon for the uninstalled apps anymore. If you do still see the icon for the uninstalled app and it says "DEAD" beside the name of the app, simply reboot the device and it should be gone on startup.

This solution only works with applications you have downloaded through BB App World. Does anyone know how to delete applications you downloaded from the web and loaded on your BB using the Desktop Manager?
    Try going to here:

Options > Advanced Options > Applications

In here you should see the list of all the applications installed on your phone. You should be able to find it and delete it from here.
    Last edited by BerryGuy25; 12-11-09 at 06:28 PM.
    11-10-09 01:06 PM
    ok so I picked up my first blackberry, the 9700, this week. and within the downloads folder is a ton of junk I don't want on my phone, i.e. bubble bash 2, tony hawk demo....and there's this slacker radio button on my home menu screen.

how do i get rid of these? i didn't download them and i'm assuming they are using space considering the buttons are there, but they aren't showing up under the 'options > advanced options > applications' listing. these things are serving as links to download the app itself.

advice?
    11-22-09 11:58 AM
    ok so I picked up my first blackberry, the 9700, this week. and within the downloads folder is a ton of junk I don't want on my phone, i.e. bubble bash 2, tony hawk demo....and there's this slacker radio button on my home menu screen.

how do i get rid of these? i didn't download them and i'm assuming they are using space considering the buttons are there, but they aren't showing up under the 'options > advanced options > applications' listing. these things are serving as links to download the app itself.

advice?
    if there just the icons you have to hide them they cant be deleted
    11-22-09 12:26 PM
    if there just the icons you have to hide them they cant be deleted
    ah ok. just wasn't sure if hiding them was the only option. thanks man.
    11-22-09 01:05 PM
    hey i download an youtube app. it didnt work so i deleted it! and when it rebooted and everything i checked it out and for some reason 4 new apps poped up and i cant delete them i dont know if they were hidden?! they are urmusic, brain challenge, and world series or poker!
    thank you!
    12-02-09 02:06 AM

Hope this helps.
    Awesome!! Thanks!
    12-02-09 10:16 AM
    hey i download an youtube app. it didnt work so i deleted it! and when it rebooted and everything i checked it out and for some reason 4 new apps poped up and i cant delete them i dont know if they were hidden?! they are urmusic, brain challenge, and world series or poker!
    thank you!
    This crap has been pushed to my phone as well, as of right now, it seems like the only thing you can do is hide the icon. Nothing is installed on your BB though, although, they are real eye-sores.
    12-11-09 06:26 PM

Hope this helps.
    and what if they dont show up as uninstalled or archived or anything?
    12-12-09 11:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD