I deleted some gmail emails using a computer but on my BB the email are still there.
    but I can delete emails from the BB and Gmail delete those email in the inbox just fine.

How can i set the option so that if i delete the gmail email on the computer, the BB will delete those messages in my phone too.

btw i only have BIS.

Thanks
    08-05-09 09:26 AM
    I deleted some gmail emails using a computer but on my BB the email are still there.
    but I can delete emails from the BB and Gmail delete those email in the inbox just fine.

How can i set the option so that if i delete the gmail email on the computer, the BB will delete those messages in my phone too.

btw i only have BIS.

Thanks
    It only works one way. you cant.
    08-05-09 09:28 AM
    GMail needs to be using IMAP
    08-05-09 09:28 AM
    i have it set up that way, and i still doesn't delete Gmail > BB. I think a few times it deletes after 5-10 minutes, but its not instant
    08-05-09 09:31 AM
    There currently is no two-way sync, even with IMAP enabled.
    08-05-09 09:33 AM
    So there is no way that i can do it but to manually delete deleted emails in my BB? that's pain..

Do you guys think we will get 2 way anytime soon? Gmail to BB sync

maybe next time i'll just check my email from my BB only so that i don't have to delete twice.
    08-05-09 09:42 AM
    are youusing the GMail mobile app, or is your gmail account the one set up on BIS?
    08-05-09 09:50 AM
    are youusing the GMail mobile app, or is your gmail account the one set up on BIS?
    set up on BIS
    08-05-09 09:51 AM
    So there is no way that i can do it but to manually delete deleted emails in my BB? that's pain..

Do you guys think we will get 2 way anytime soon? Gmail to BB sync

maybe next time i'll just check my email from my BB only so that i don't have to delete twice.
    if you set it up right, you can delete an email on the BB and it moves the email to "all mail" archive on Gmail. That's what i do. It was a pain at first to have to view/delete on the BB, but on well
    08-05-09 09:52 AM
    set up on BIS
    can't help you with that one. I use the GMail mobile app and [email protected] for the BIS. When I am looking at, reading, deleting my gmail I just hit "Refresh" and it syncs with the gmail account on the desktop. Works great.
    08-05-09 09:56 AM
    gmail doesnt have 2 way sync (yahoo does). when i delete something on my BB, it files the emails away on gmail into all mail, with a "deleted messages" label.
    08-05-09 10:27 AM
    if you set it up right, you can delete an email on the BB and it moves the email to "all mail" archive on Gmail. That's what i do. It was a pain at first to have to view/delete on the BB, but on well
    In my case it will delete the items instantly and put them in Gmail trash, how can you get to switch them to archive?
    08-05-09 10:36 AM
    LoloBond - check out this thread, it will guide you through it

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/gmail-imap-282693/
    08-05-09 11:57 AM
    Thanks ehalperin. The only thing I don't get on that How-To guide is that one of the Pros is stated as "TRUE Two-way IMAP"; but in the Con, "Doesn't mark as read or delete on your device if done so in gmail" is listed. Isn't the definition of two-way IMAP the ability for the BB to reflect the GMail acct, and vice versa?
    08-05-09 12:03 PM
    Thanks ehalperin. The only thing I don't get on that How-To guide is that one of the Pros is stated as "TRUE Two-way IMAP"; but in the Con, "Doesn't mark as read or delete on your device if done so in gmail" is listed. Isn't the definition of two-way IMAP the ability for the BB to reflect the GMail acct, and vice versa?

yes and no. It threw me off too. I think that the "two way" part is that w/o the set up described there, you cant do a true BB > Gmail connect.
    08-05-09 12:10 PM
    I see, guess that does make sense.
    08-05-09 12:57 PM
    LoloBond - check out this thread, it will guide you through it

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/gmail-imap-282693/
    thx a lot all I had to do go to labels and remove check mark from trash!
    08-05-09 02:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD