I updated to OS 5.0.0.484 last week, and its worked seemlessly, except for one thing. I cant delete pictures off my memory card from the phone. I go to the Media app that comes standard, and when I use the BB button to bring up options, it gives me everything except to delete.

From top to bottom my options are:
    Help
    Media Home
    Send or Share...
    Set as Wallpaper
    Set as Caller ID
    View List
    Open
    View Slideshow
    Properties (Delete should be above this, no?)
    Send Using Bluetooth
    Receive Using Bluetooth
    Options (No options to delete picture from here)
    Switch Application
    Close

Has anyone else who updated to OS 5 had this problem? I did search the forums, but didnt find anything for the Tour, or OS 5. Ive done a battery pull several times, and have full menu activated. Nothing will let me delete a picture from my handheld. None of them are locked, as before I updated to OS 5, I was able to delete them without a problem. I even tried taking them off the memory card, reinserting the memory card, reloading the phone, and then putting different pictures on my card, and seeing if maybe it was just those pictures. Even ones I take with the camera on the Tour wont delete.

Its not an issue for me, I have plenty of memory left, but its annoying, and sounds sort of like a defect. Unfortunately, Verizon hasnt updated to OS 5, so I cant use their customer support.
    02-24-10 04:02 PM
    You might try using the computer/usb, and then search for BBthumb.dat files and erasing all of them. They are an index file of media files and will be rebuilt. Also with the phone ON, remove the battery for about 40 seconds and then replace.
    02-24-10 05:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD