i gave the sprint store my phone, they had to replace it... they took my memory card out, stuck it in a new phone & now i have 4gig's of photos i can't look at or get to without the original device. I never set my phone to encrypt photos... so it was a pretty big surprise when the memory card gave me the error message on my replacement phone.

Any suggestions and or Help would be so greatly appreciated. I searched several topics with the same problem but no one had answers.

Thank you ahead of time for any thought or consideration put into answering this..
    04-15-10 02:16 PM
    Can't be done. The encryption is tied to the device on which it was created. You would have needed to do it on the original device.
    04-15-10 04:53 PM
    i don't believe that it is impossible to decrypt photos. I just don't have access to the appropriate resources necessary to do so... If anyone is interested in helping me, please send a DM

I would appreciate it any information.
    04-15-10 06:43 PM
    If the original phone was set to encrypt files using the device's PIN as the security key, there is probably no way to decrypt them without the original device.

However.....

I believe the file encryption used by BB is AES.

It might be possible to try to run the data from each encrypted file on the card through an AES decryption program using your old device's PIN as the key. But i'm not sure if RIM concatenates the device PIN with some other information to come up with a security key.

Might be something to experiment with.
    04-15-10 08:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD