I have both a Tour and a Pearl (open face) and in my opinion the Tour blows away the Pearl.

Yes, but to be fair, the Pearl Flip blows away the original Pearl in alot of aspects. Screen size, resolution, memory, OS, and EVDO Rev. A capabilities.
    07-24-09 07:49 PM
    Just got a Tour after 1.5 years of a pearl. Thought about the pearl flip but the keyboard was too flat for me. Even with after using suretype for over a year I still couldn't get the hang of the pearl flip. Also the trackball is sunk down a little too much for my liking. I made my decision mostly on the fact that I wanted a full keyboard. Had it for a week now and can almost type without looking so the switch isn't hard.

Can't comment on the pants pocket issue, I rock the belt holster because the ladies like it and it is easy to use. The one that comes with the Tour is pretty nice thought swivels a bit too easily.
    07-24-09 07:58 PM
    Had the 8230 and traded it back in for the Tour. Tour is better in most ways, GPS is fully unlocked, bigger screen, better camera, and the media player plays mv4. Pearl flip is also only a Rev O not A so it isn't as fast. I liked the pearl flip however I needed a better device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-09 08:05 PM
    Yes, but to be fair, the Pearl Flip blows away the original Pearl in alot of aspects. Screen size, resolution, memory, OS, and EVDO Rev. A capabilities.
    I knew the OS was newer and assumed it had a bit more memory but I didn't know about the screen size and EVDO Rev. A capabilities. Thanks for clarifying.
    07-24-09 08:07 PM
    I knew the OS was newer and assumed it had a bit more memory but I didn't know about the screen size and EVDO Rev. A capabilities. Thanks for clarifying.
    It's not Rev. A, it's Rev. 0...
    07-24-09 08:11 PM
    It's not Rev. A, it's Rev. 0...
    Damn...duped again lol.
    07-24-09 08:23 PM
    Comes down to personal preference and how you use you BB. If you mostly read emails and especially if you type a lot of lengthy emails and surf the net then a full qwerty, larger form factor is probably the cat's meow. If you mostly talk and only occasionally email/text then a smaller form factor may be more to your liking.
    07-24-09 08:32 PM
    The tour is better imo, but I think a lot of people are stuck on the fact that the pearl flip is a pearl but its so much more then a pearl. My girlfriend got the 8220 the same time I got the 9630 and I was amazed at how nice the flip is. I would much rather have the flip over my old 8330. The only thing would be the keyboard and as far as the screen it maybe smaller the the curve but wow. But now I look back at what I've been typing and I'm drifting off, comparing the flip to the 8330 goes to show you the flip dosent compare to the tour

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-09 11:03 PM
    I love the pearl flip. My mom has the curve and I HATE it. Its so huge and clunky. I think it looks dorky when you have it out.

The flip is just sleeker and is great for things like texting AIM and such. I don't run a business or anything on it. I've ALWAYS liked pearls better as far as size convenience. When you're a small person who likes tight fitting jeans, size matters

also with the flip is protects the screen MUCH better. The keyboard is nice and big and easy to press if you have big fingers or longer manicured nails. The tiny buttons are a pain IMO.

One of my FAV features is the clock on the outside. Super convenient. and It has a great design. Also your texts will pop up on the outer screen and display the contacts picture, name, and a message preview. I love how your contact book is integrated with facebook. Im really anal about every one of my contacts having a picture lol and facebook does that for me

My flip works perfect for me. Its compact, light, and visually appealing. ( I also have a really cute skin I got for it - I really suggest getting one for any BB user, theyre a great way to protect your device or hide pre-existing straches and prevent them from happening. they come in so many colors and styles. I got mine from ebay you pick 3 for $10, but I only use the pink one )

I hate everyone bashing the flip =/ its a great phone for people who use their BBs for personal things rather than business.
    07-29-09 04:28 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD