Well, in the middle of SMS, Phone flashed, went blank, red light came on like a battery pull.

Msg on screen... "Technical Issue please return phone to place of purchase"

On my 3rd Tour co-worker on 2nd less than year.. tired of it!
    05-10-10 03:31 PM
    Take it to a Verizon store. It's a software glitch that they should be able to easily fix for you.
    05-10-10 03:37 PM
    new phone on the way
    05-10-10 03:59 PM
    Is it a tour or a curve like your profile says?
    05-10-10 04:21 PM
    If it were me, I would have just wiped the phone and re-installed a more stable OS,, but that's me. Glad you have a replacement on the way, hopefully it will be better than the one you had!!
    05-10-10 11:45 PM
    I called VZW's tech support when this happened to my 4th Tour, but we couldn't fix the issue since I was at home and we don't have internet at home. (I use my Tour with Tether for internet.)

I tried to load a previous OS through the desktop manager and it didn't take so I just took it to the store and they sent me a replacement phone via Fedex the next day.
    05-11-10 08:10 AM
    VZW stores can now fix the issue without any loss of device data. They will load the OS .591 patch on your device.

Read the last 4 pages of http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/te...-error-444965/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-10 08:21 AM
    noooooooooooooooo!!!!! i can't believe he's gone we will all miss him dearly. a Blackberry on the redlight life support is always a sad day
    05-11-10 08:25 AM
    LOL. Don't worry. Someone else will have him as a refurb soon!

05-11-10 08:29 AM
    Anyone hear of the uncaught exception: java.lang.illegalArgumentException
    when the browser button is used?
    It started when I updated to the Verizon official 5.0 os. I wiped and reloaded a back up on my phone, then loaded backup on new phone sent. It did not have any of my 3rd pary apps, so I then loaded those back on with the transfer from 1 phone to another section on the desktop manager. It caused the same problem. The replacement phone bricked while talking with the Verizon rep yesterday when we tried to downgrade, so went back to the phone that was getting this exception. Weird thing is that I can use apps that access the internet, such as berryweather, google maps, epocrates, skyscape (medical programs).I've removed most 3rd party apps
    I just can't go on the internet.
    3rd phone is on the way. I hadn't had a problem with my Tour until I updated to the .591. I knew it was a mistake, but had high hopes.
    05-11-10 12:50 PM
    You've tested all your apps but have you tested to see if a 3rd party theme is causing this? i've read on here of that being the cause in quite a few cases.

05-11-10 01:07 PM
    You may be better served by actually re-downloading the apps over the air, rather than doing a restore from the old device. Something may be corrupted or broken in one of the apps on your old handheld, and you are just transferring the problem to your new one.

Are you sure that all of your apps are 5.0 compatible?
    05-11-10 02:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD