Hi everyone. I have a Tour on Verizon and to make a long story short, a friend of mine managed to accidentally wipe my phone clean. I believe I may have had it backed up on the desktop manager. However, I was also in the process of replacing the tour with another tour (bad trackball). So i have a new tour now with no contacts or anything i had on my old one.... Any solutions or suggestions as to how to get my contact list back would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much,
    Greg
    11-10-09 12:49 PM
    Yeah if it's not backed up you're pretty much out of luck. What I don't understand is how your phone "accidently" got wiped clean. It asks you and makes you type in "blackberry" before that happens.
    11-10-09 01:28 PM
    Yeah if it's not backed up you're pretty much out of luck. What I don't understand is how your phone "accidently" got wiped clean. It asks you and makes you type in "blackberry" before that happens.
    Unless they had a password on it and the friend kept entering a wrong password until it hit the limit, that could be how it got wiped.
    11-10-09 01:44 PM
    Curious: Can a backup *.ipd file be used between devices? Can the backup of the old Tour (if done) but used to restore to a new Tour? He could try that, if possible. There are also some programs that can read the contents of the ipd files and make the data readable. Amber something or other!!
    11-10-09 02:06 PM
    Curious: Can a backup *.ipd file be used between devices? Can the backup of the old Tour (if done) but used to restore to a new Tour? He could try that, if possible. There are also some programs that can read the contents of the ipd files and make the data readable. Amber something or other!!
    My guess is yes, since using the device switch wizard creates an ipd backup of the old device and transfers to the new one.
    11-10-09 02:50 PM
    Yes. Use the old backup. It will work.
    11-10-09 05:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD